mpc snowspeeder

Thundergod said:
I'm in St Helens . Halfway between Manchester and Liverpool , but don't hold that against me ! ;D
eh up buddy,i wont hold it again`st you i`m from winsford and living in middlewich mym8. ;D

Jaitea said:
Been looking at this build & liking the changes.......only noticed its you peza!.......having a Falcon break?

Nice work mate

J
eh up buddy yeah i just needed a rest from it it`s been five years,so i`m just havin a bus man`s holiday from it for abit...cheers tayta!!peza ;)

eh up all,i`ve been doin abit more this week.firstly with a pin vice i`ve put aload of holes in my control panels for the fibre optics,next with alittle heat from a lighter i bubbled up the ends of the opticsso they would`nt pull through the holes i made and secured them in place with some pva glue.

next i had to cut away the bottom and the sides of the cockpit to let the optics go through without snapping them.

and finally i put the four bottom control panels in and only 2 got snapped (casualties of war)
so that`s where im at at the mo...oh and i filled the gunners circular scope full of optics and glued it to the gunners panel.my next headache is to get all the optics into a sheaf of some sort..i`m thinkin the kids straws..poor kids have nawt if it`s got a use for my models!! ;Dbut you do know that i have to replace everything i liberate..here are my progress photos so far..hope ya like cheers peza
GEDC1886.jpg
GEDC1884.jpg
GEDC1883.jpg
GEDC1882.jpg

Amazing work on this old kit. Will keep a close eye on this build.

Ozzman78 said:
Amazing work on this old kit. Will keep a close eye on this build.
cheers mym8 it`s gettin there!!
i like the detail on the outside...ish but the inside is poor!!
cheers peza ;)

Quaralane said:
A lot of fiber in there. Good luck making it fit in the body
cheers Q, i`ve had a little test fit and it should go in ok!
cheers peza ;)

peza said:
Grendels said:
That is a lot of fiber!
lol well it keeps me regular!yeah buddy and i`ve got afew more to put in yet...cheers peza ;D

I refrained from that kind of fiber comment, and now I know I shouldn't have.....

;D

Grendels said:
peza said:
Grendels said:
That is a lot of fiber!
lol well it keeps me regular!yeah buddy and i`ve got afew more to put in yet...cheers peza ;D

I refrained from that kind of fiber comment, and now I know I shouldn't have.....

;D
sorry buddy i could`nt resist it mym8!i do apologise.lol i can resist anything but temptation!!
cheers peza ;D

eh up all,
i`ve been doin abit more this week i managed to get all the cockpit panels in and had a test fit..

also i made a start on the other bits of detail i wanted to do,so it`s startin to come together now but everything is just test fitted at the mo in sub asemblies..

finally i did a bit of drilling out on the back of the engine ports because it looked to me that there could be a little tinkering on them,i used a pin vise to made the holes on the back abit deeper which i think looks better!

here ya some images of my latest progress hope ya like!!cheers peza
GEDC1897.jpg
GEDC1901.jpg
GEDC1896.jpg
GEDC1900.jpg

NecronautDrummer said:
Holy crap, that's a lot of fiber! Get it? :p

Seriously, looking really nice. All the scratchbuilding will pay off!
cheers buddy,it`s comin on all good at the mo!!
cheers peza

Looks great, and it should be quite the regular chap with all that fiber in the innards!

Wow , that cockpit looks excellent . I've been playing about with LED's myself and I'm seriously tempted to try out fibre optics as I've never attempted them . ( I've actually got the set that came with the old Star Destroyer kit knocking around somewhere , I'll have to hunt them down !) ;)

Grendels said:
Looks great, and it should be quite the regular chap with all that fiber in the innards!
cheers buddy it was a task getting them all in!
but i`m goin to have it in landing mode...not to sure if i`m gonna do a dio for it?
cheers good buddy.. ;D

Latest posts

Back