mpc snowspeeder

peza

eh up all i`m starting to make an old snowspeeder that i had in my stash.
i started to look at it a week ago and did`nt like the lack of detail in the cockpit,also i wanted to make it asif
it was landed and the maintenance crew are lookin at it!

i started by cutting out some of the grill sections on the body,which i`m half way through,i`ve finished the inner detail on one but i have`nt started the second one...yet.

i got stuck into the cockpit,lookin at the inside the seat`s were to small there was no real control panels or flight controls as such,so i`ve started to make uphttp://some hollow panels to put in some LED`s in,
next i added some extra length to the seat`s and then a noticed that the head rest`s were huge so i`ve trimmed them down..
finally i wanted to add some flight pedals which i`ve started to knock up the linkage and made 2 tiny foot pedals

well that`s it for now i`ve taken some images of what i`ve done so far..hope ya like...cheers peza :)
[ATTACH=full]53140[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]53141[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]53142[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]53143[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]53144[/ATTACH]

I am waiting for some clay to come in......
your going to make me dig mine back out! LOL
Looking good so far looking forward to see this
speeder is one of my favorites! ;D

Jamaicanmodels69 said:
I am waiting for some clay to come in......
your going to make me dig mine back out! LOL
Looking good so far looking forward to see this
speeder is one of my favorites! ;D
nice one buddy!
it`s gettin there i`ll post more in the morning it`s pretty late here so i`ve just got in from a bender!!
drunken monkey signing out for now!!! ;)

eh up all,
i`ve got some more done.i finished some of the flight control panels,which i painted up in silver and then dark iron and scratched the corners off to made it look abused and used.i had a quick look at them in position,and started to paint up the main cockpit so i can fit them in once i`ve put some fibre optics in them first..
here are some images of the panels before and after paint and also in position...hope ya like..cheers peza
GEDC1867.jpg
GEDC1868.jpg
GEDC1866.jpg
GEDC1876.jpg
GEDC1874.jpg
GEDC1873.jpg

Ey Up Guvna,

Looking good my friend, lookin good.

Are you going to use the two free Ape models they give you with this kit ;D

Gagster

cheers fellas!

,jamaicanmodels69,yeah it came out really well cheers buddy!

,gagster,i dont think i will they look like they should be comin out of a diving bell!lol cheers dude

I'll be keeping an eye on this build , as the Snowspeeder has always been one of my favourite of the old MPC Star Wars kits and I've one stashed away waiting for a "redux"! ( Plus , us Northeners should stick together .) ;D

Thundergod said:
I'll be keeping an eye on this build , as the Snowspeeder has always been one of my favourite of the old MPC Star Wars kits and I've one stashed away waiting for a "redux"! ( Plus , us Northeners should stick together .) ;D
cheers buddy,where abouts ya from?cheers peza

I'm in St Helens . Halfway between Manchester and Liverpool , but don't hold that against me ! ;D

Been looking at this build & liking the changes.......only noticed its you peza!.......having a Falcon break?

Nice work mate

J

Latest posts

Back