Moebius Space Pod from Lost in Space

Danger!,danger!,mr natural. ;)
Your in danger of making it into an cool looking dio. ;D

moving right along

here is the main console with the window beams attached if you look close you can see the gaps where the beams attach to the base

mainconsolewithwindowframbeams.jpg

here are the main controls after assembly

mainconsolecontroles.jpg

this photo is really bad but i tried to show my putty work on the beams, its on the area where the beam meets the bas

Windowbeamputtytreatment.jpg

Ready for primer and paint

Mainconsolerearwallpreprimer.jpg

the paint brush is my friend...hehehehe....friend....heh

I would have loved to have lit this model but i've never done that before and i dont think a contest with a deadline would be the best place to start so im just really trying to focus on the paint job, a tad more detail and a light wash and these puppies will be ready...so far i used tamiya, citadel, and model master paints on these walls. the steele gerders were a little tricky to make fit, a little trimming and some 5 minute epoxy held them in place real nice. check it. :)

LeftRightinteriorwallfinalpaint.jpg

Got to say the same, nice clean work but it looks just right,great detail.

positively progressive progress.

ok so the deeper i get into this build i realize that this model is like building two seperate kits with the interior feeling like an entire kit in and of itself but anyway i got the four interior walls done, did a little scratch detailing wich was alot of fun. check it...

main console, rear interior wall, floor in base coat tamiya buff

mainconsolerearwallfloorbasecoatbuf.jpg

here is the main console in final paint.

mainconsoleprebuttonfabrication.jpg

there really is not a whole lot of reference for the interior of the space pod and the few pictures i found indicated that there are buttons on top of the joy sticks and some kind of intercom radio microphone thing dangling by the right joy stick undernieth the dash. these details are not present in the kit so i decided to make them wich was alot of fun. here is a picture indicating where these details should be...

mainconsoleprebuttonfabrication2.jpg

for the buttons on top of the joy sticks all i need was two little round circles so i found some old tank parts that were perfect...

tankbits.jpg

cut the littles circles off and shazaamm instant joy stick buttons

tankbits2.jpg

for the cord connecting the microphone to the dash i simply stripped some speaker wire and coiled it around a paper clip

speakerwire.jpg
speakerwirepreped.jpg

glued it to a another spare tank part and slapped some paint on it now i have an authentic space pod intercom microphone thingy..

intercommicrophonepostpaint.jpg

here is the completed main console with the added details undernieth is the completed rear interior wall

completemainconsole.jpg
completerearwall.jpg

now the hard part, ...turning these four walls into an even room...ha aye chingcada!!

pushing porward

here is a look at the interior assembly all the walls are cement in place i have yet to glue the main console controles in place because i need to attach the windows first. im also starting to realize just how big this thing is going to be. check it..

interiorassembly2.jpg

interiorassembly1.jpg

interiorassembly3.jpg

interiorassembly4.jpg

the sand paper and I are one..

started work on the outer pod walls wet sanded with 4 progressively finer grit sand papers here are the parts after some extensive sanding check it..

side outer walls
Sideouterwallspostwetsandpreprimer.jpg

front and rear outer walls
frontandbackouterwallspostwetsandpr.jpg

bottom hull, roof piece, and some scanner parts
bottomhullroofpiecescannerpostwetsa.jpg

Here is my usualy pre primer set up
readyforprimer.jpg

fresh coat of tamiya surface primer
postprimer.jpg

ever closer...

i did some touch up sanding on my primed parts and put some of the sub assemblies togethor like the landing gears, hydrogen tanks, antennas, probes, etc...

landing gear sub assemblies
landinggearsubassemblies.jpg

its hard to see in this pic but this is one of the thrusters and it is a solid piece of plastic so i needed to drill it out so it resembled a thruster
thrustorspredrill.jpg

drillin...you can see some of the thruster sub assemblies in the background
drillingthrustorholes.jpg

left and right outer walls with added detail
outerwallsfinalassembly.jpg

front and rear outer walls with added detail the door has been added to the rear wall it actually opens and closes
frontandrearouterwallsfinalassembly.jpg

bottom hull with landing gears attached
bottomhullfinalassembly.jpg

and closer..

here are the outer top and bottom pod detail sub assemblies..
topandbottompodsubassemblies.jpg

Danger! Danger MrNatural, its getting late!

started work on the robot and im going to sculpt a figure of Prof. John Robinson. my dio is going to be a scene from the episode called Hunter's Moon season 3 episode 4. check it..

robot sprues
robotsprues.jpg
clear parts
robotclearparts.jpg
cleaned up the parts still have alot of puttying and sanding to do
robotprogress.jpg
here is the start of my armature for Prof. Robinson, i always start with the legs
ProfessorRobinsonfigurelegarmature.jpg
here is the rest of the armature for the figure this is a 1/24 scale dio by the way
completeProfessorRobinsonarmature.jpg
EpoxiedArmature.jpg
im useing super sculpy firm to sculpt the figure fantastic stuff
SuperSculpyFirm.jpg
heres a little progress on the legs
Legstakingshape.jpg

Great work so far.
And I saw that little B9 at Wonderfest. Lots of seam work ahead, but he should turn out nice

This kit is very interesting, details are awsome. Great progress sofar man cant wait to see this come together lookin dope.

those funny little silver jumpsuits...

so i just decided to tackle the Prof. John Robinson figure tonight, it doesnt really look a whole lot like John Robinson but, eh, ce la vie...first time sculpting anything this small the figure is slightly taller than 3 inches check it..

ruffing out the legs..
001-5.jpg
starting to come toegether
003-4.jpg
ruffin out torso and head
002-6.jpg
005-3.jpg
004-4.jpg
pulling it together
006-1.jpg
yeah it looks a little wonky but those big silver jump suits they had to wear looked pretty wonky too ;D
007-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back