Moebius Space Pod from Lost in Space

Sweet! That dio is just screaming for a guy in a giant carrot costume!

here is what i did last night

this was the most extreme masking job i've ever undertaken its a monster
Photo0019.jpg

more groundwork
Photo0020.jpg

well its time to leave the cave and go to work bleh...

Space Pod from Lost in Space done....almost

wow im so close i can taste it the pod is pretty much done i just have to clear coat everything and i'm still working on the dio im going to borrow a good camera from my friend for my final pictures check it

Photo0022.jpg

Nice build, that model really needs a base like that. Sets the whole thing up right.

Fin

YAY!!!! im calling it dunzo! once again these are NOT my final entry pics. just something so you can get an idea. i would just like to say thank you to all my fellow nerd herders for providing positive feedback and good advice throughout this build. I learned alot of good techniques and came away with an awesome piece. These contests are great motivation to challenge yourself and try new things and to actually complete something. win or no win this was, overall, a positive and rewarding expereince :)

So I felt like this terrain was seriously lacking some lumber so i made a tree. I thought about making an armature with armature wire or using the old copper wire from an extension cord method, but then i thought, "why?" so i grabbed a stick from the yard ;D
Photo0023.jpg

I then covered it with premier air dry clay to flesh it out a little. I actually saw this product on one of those plamo tskukuro videos turned out to be great stuff, better for terrain type application rather than detailed sculpting imo
Photo0025.jpg
Photo0026.jpg

painted with a few different brown washes and started adding foliage
Photo0027.jpg
Photo0028.jpg

Scotamoosh! instant tree, my wiener dog wandered into the frame and started break dancing
Photo0029.jpg
Photo0030.jpg

Lost in Space Season 3 Episode 4 Hunters Moon

Photo0031.jpg
Photo0033.jpg
Photo0034.jpg
Photo0032.jpg
Photo0035.jpg
Photo0036.jpg

Capital B, Bravo! Man you sure have the right attitude. Now back to the build. You've done a great job and pulled off a rather large build in a short amount of time. Good on ya!

lol great work man reminds me of a mix between fallout 3 and paranoia the RPG.i hope your have your trusty pitboy handy and the proper colour clearance for that robot and lander ? ALL HAIL THE COMPUTER !!! lol

Latest posts

Back