Moebius Space Pod from Lost in Space

looking at the size of the model next to the bottles of glue gives it an impressive scale. She's gonna be a big girl!

this kit is really nice there is just one huge flaw the instructions are all text there is virtually no graphics but the kit parts are high quality, with plenty of reference shouldnt be a problem.

I dig it man. I almost bought one of those at the local IPMS show over the winter.

2 aleve and a butt load of sanding...

Alrighty! I finnaly got some time to dive into my pod. Im starting with the left and right interior walls as the instruction say to do. All i did tonight was clean up the parts, when you've been sanding for 2 hours its hard to do anything else... :p

Leftinteriorwall.jpg

Rightinteriorwall.jpg

models on sticks!

got the walls and girders ready to be primered and airbrushed 8)

Interiorwallspreprimer.jpg

thanks! There is a photoetch sheet from paragraphix for this kit but its a bit pricey and i think i can make it look good without it ;D

i agree photoetch can be a tad overrated i was just shocked that it almost cost as much as the kit itself :eek:

Yea, that's a tough sell when the add-ons cost as much or more than the kit it's designed for.

Space Pod Airbrush Session 1

Cool, so i've airbrushed these parts the walls are a base coat of tamiya acrylic buff and the girders are model master enamel steele, I plan on hand painting the detail. this was my first time airbrushing with enamels and i gotta say i love how nice they lay down, really good seamless coverage, it was hard to get the right thinner ratio and clean up is definately a sticky pain but other than that model master enamels are awesome!

InteriorWallsPostAirbrushPreBrush.jpg

sanding time again, forgot to take my aleve, ouch!!

main console parts pre construction...

001-3.jpg

The Robot!!!!

went to the hobby shop today and saw this so i decided to turn my build into a diorama as well. check it..

002-5.jpg

Wow they the same scale? I never even thought about putting the two together.

Especially when you can DIY, Photo etching is not that difficult.
P.E parts do sometimes really make something pop out in cool factor, Sometimes ::)

Great Dio idea!

Latest posts

Back