Sci-fi V-Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTspeedshop

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. : )
Category: Sci-fi

Name of Build: V-Pod

Kit manufacturer: Tamiya

Scale: 1:24

Description
I enjoy taking an everyday automobile and adding a little twist. This time I chose the 1966 Volkswagen by Tamiya as my canvas.

After the body and interior were assembled, I shaped plastic spoon ends with a Dremel to use as wheel covers. This gives the body a sleeker look. The body was primed with a Metallizing lacquer from Model Masters. I then applied a coat of blue acrylic by Vallejo. Vallejo Gold was also applied. The design on the sides were created by airbrushing paint through mesh.

The front engines were taken from the AMT pod racer kit. The top wing and rear thrusters came from my parts box. All of the paint on the front engines were by Citadel except for the blue and gold which are Vallejo. All of the Citadel paints were applied by brush.

Before mounting the V-pod on the black base some minor weathering was needed. I chipped the acrylic paint with a toothpick and added some minor rust by dry brushing acrylic paint and also using the airbrush. Citadel washes were used as well.

This build was a lot of fun and I appreciate you guys taking the time to check it out.

Final Images

IMG_5867_zpss531koux.jpg

IMG_5891_zpsexd9rzoa.jpg

IMG_5871_zpsunhvlirw.jpg

IMG_5895_zpspl2xjr70.jpg

IMG_5929_zpshol4xmzg.jpg

IMG_5898_zpsjt1sejvp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back