MG RGM-79 GM Sniper

That weathering looks great! This GM looks just like he's been out on patrol in the jungle, freakn' awesome dude! Happy to see you got your decals applied. I switched up some of the decals on mine as wel:) I've got to pick up some of the AK weathering products. Are there any you can recommend?

TRM said:
Some lovely streaking...well done so far!!! Decs look perfect...looks like it was worth the wait!!

Thanks man, glad you like it! Im really glad I decided to order those decals!

ModelMakerMike said:
Well....that's one suhweeet looking Mobile suit. Love it.
Well used/worn.
in a word, AWESOME!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks a bunch man, I love the look of a grimy mobile suit!

steezy said:
That weathering looks great! This GM looks just like he's been out on patrol in the jungle, freakn' awesome dude! Happy to see you got your decals applied. I switched up some of the decals on mine as wel:) I've got to pick up some of the AK weathering products. Are there any you can recommend?

Thanks a lot steezy, appreciate it my friend! As far as the AK stuff goes, everything I've tried so far has been really awesome and easy to use. The worn effects chipping fluid is really great, all the streaking effects are cool, I used their engine grime all over the exposed frame parts on this build, the engine oil, fuel stains, wet effects, rust, washes...its all great stuff

Exquisite build and finish.

Only thing that strikes my eye as not fitting the rest of the finish are some of the paint chipped areas which look too "silver". Could be the lighting. Try dabbing them with a drop of wash, something dirty?

sunsanvil said:
Exquisite build and finish.

Only thing that strikes my eye as not fitting the rest of the finish are some of the paint chipped areas which look too "silver". Could be the lighting. Try dabbing them with a drop of wash, something dirty?

Thanks so much my friend! Appreciate the kind words and thank you for pointing out the "bright" chips, it is more than likely a combination of the lighting and my camera that is giving that effect, it does tend to "polarize" certain colors, I hit this thing with several washes and a couple flat coats already, but I will definitely take that into consideration when posting my final pictures.

Happy to say I can finally call this one done. Just took my time over the last few weeks making the base. Its just a simple terrain base, used some woodland scenics stuff and some pigments. Build it up with cell-u-clay.
006-49.jpg
010-24.jpg
011-19.jpg
012-24.jpg
013-15.jpg
014-12.jpg
020-2.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. This has been a really fun build. Now hopefully I can get the pesky little SD done...

Latest posts

Back