MG RGM-79 GM Sniper

Thanks you guys! Glad ya'll are digging the colors and shading. I got all the airbrushing done today and started weathering. Figured I should stop and show you guys where im at before I go any further.

If anyone knows where I could find water slide decals for this kit, please let me know. The kit comes with a bunch of lame stickers and dry transfers which I refuse to use.

Have yet to paint the inside of the head. I did away with the clear visor, just did'nt like it.
012-20.jpg
013-12.jpg
014-9.jpg
015-4.jpg
016-4.jpg
017-5.jpg
018-3.jpg
011-16.jpg

Thanks for looking. Peace out! and Happy Halloween!!

Ravhin-Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate the nice words and thank you for the info about samuel decals. I dont think I'll be able to use his services since I dont have a facebook account and dont plant on ever having one. Its a long story...I dont like facebook...I'll leave it at that....

Grendels-Thank you so much for the input unfortunately I can only find Earth Federation Space Force decals and I need Ground Force decals. Oh well.

sunsanvil-thanks man much appreciated!

Quaralane-Thanks dude!

Quick update. Nothing that crazy to show just yet, been weathering. A couple washes and some work with AK stuff. Still a lot to do. Since I cant find the decals I need, I just dug through my pile of old decals from past projects and found some stuff that will work, nothing major, just a couple to add a little interest.

003-61.jpg
004-54.jpg
005-49.jpg
006-43.jpg

Coming up on the home stretch of this build!! Thanks for looking guys!! Peace.

That looks awesome!! SamuelDecal over on facebook makes waterslides for this kit if that's what your looking for. I just placed another order from him yesterday, they should arrive next week.

steezy said:
That looks awesome!! SamuelDecal over on facebook makes waterslides for this kit if that's what your looking for. I just placed another order from him yesterday, they should arrive next week.

Thanks so much man! I really appreciate it. As far as samueldecals, not sure if his site is down or what but every time I try to get on, it asks me for a user name and password. I thought not having a facebook had something to do with not being able to access the site but apparently other people are having the same problem. ???

MrNatural said:
steezy said:

Thanks so much man! I really appreciate it. As far as samueldecals, not sure if his site is down or what but every time I try to get on, it asks me for a user name and password. I thought not having a facebook had something to do with not being able to access the site but apparently other people are having the same problem. ???

His website has been down for a long while but you can get in contact with him through the emails [email protected] [email protected]

I've used his services and have nothing to complain. Many people say his decals are good though I haven't tried them yet, but will do so tomorrow. Check up on my thread over the weekend and see how that went :p

Ravhin said:
MrNatural said:
steezy said:

His website has been down for a long while but you can get in contact with him through the emails [email protected] [email protected]

I've used his services and have nothing to complain. Many people say his decals are good though I haven't tried them yet, but will do so tomorrow. Check up on my thread over the weekend and see how that went :p

Awesome. emailed him yesterday and got a reply this morning. Went ahead and placed an order. So thats going to put the Sniper at a stand still until they arrive :'(

Quaralane said:
Keep up the excellent work on this one

Thanks Q! I surely will as soon as my decals get here.

not sure what is going on with samueldecal. I told him I wanted to buy the sniper decals and he sent me a pdf file with my order info and asks for payment. but there is no pay pal link or anything. Forgive my ignorance but I have never tried to buy anything strictly via email. I am absolutely clueless as to what im supposed to do now ???
This just seems odd to me. I sent him an email asking for some clarification but I feel like a huge tool for having no idea what im supposed to do :p

MrNatural said:
not sure what is going on with samueldecal. I told him I wanted to buy the sniper decals and he sent me a pdf file with my order info and asks for payment. but there is no pay pal link or anything. Forgive my ignorance but I have never tried to buy anything strictly via email. I am absolutely clueless as to what im supposed to do now ???
This just seems odd to me. I sent him an email asking for some clarification but I feel like a huge tool for having no idea what im supposed to do :p

You make the payment through paypal to his address, he doesn't give you a direct link for payment. But don't take my word for it just wait a bit for him to clarify.

Ravhin said:
MrNatural said:

You make the payment through paypal to his address, he doesn't give you a direct link for payment. But don't take my word for it just wait a bit for him to clarify.

boy do I feel dumb! Just sent my payment everything is straight now. Thank you for the help!

Just getting caught up here Mr.Natural.

Man oh Man! That paint looks sweet! Decals over that is going to really look great.

JMac said:
Just getting caught up here Mr.Natural.

Man oh Man! That paint looks sweet! Decals over that is going to really look great.

Thank you sir, glad you dig it man!

Seems like its been forever since my last update. Took quite a while to get my decals from Samuel Decal. I honestly started to worry a little bit since the communication during the transaction was a little off. But they showed up in great condition. I see what a lot of people are saying now about the small lettering being completely smudged out, and while working with them I noticed they are a quite brittle, very easy to rub the ink right off the film. But these are small complaints seeing as how they were the only ones I could find.
017-6.jpg

I had a couple boo boos while applying them, the most noticeable being the shoulder armor on the left arm I put the decal on the wrong side and I did'nt even notice it until I was completely done decaling. Im not stressing it, it doesnt really look that weird in my opinion. Still some touch up to do on the paint and weathering, I'd say im about 96% done.
012-22.jpg
003-63.jpg
004-55.jpg
005-50.jpg
006-44.jpg
007-39.jpg
011-17.jpg
009-28.jpg
010-22.jpg
008-39.jpg

Went down to the art supply store to look for a base and picked up this 11" pine "clock base" which is just some pine board with a routered edge and a hole drilled in the middle. So to get started just painted a few coats of acrylic black paint
xs.jpg

Well thats all for now my friends, im getting really close to finishing this thing up really ready to see it on the shelf ;)

Some lovely streaking...well done so far!!! Decs look perfect...looks like it was worth the wait!!

Well....that's one suhweeet looking Mobile suit. Love it.
Well used/worn.
in a word, AWESOME!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back