MG RGM-79C GM Type C

steezy

Here is the kit I'll be doing for this group build:

DSC04249.jpg

I'll be honest, I started a couple weeks ago... couldn't wait:)

All pieces have been sanded and cleaned up. Seam lines have been removed. I added some battle damage to give this plain kit a little more depth.
DSC04243.jpg

I've modified the hands for some extra range of motion at the wrist. These older MG's can have very limited articulation and holding the rifles can be a challenge sometimes.

SANY0002-14.jpg

Cut off the ball sockets off some extra hands and cemented them together. I later needed to cement a small piece of runner between the two pieces becuase it wasn't long enough to fit into the poly cap in the hand and the wrist.
SANY0003-14.jpg

SANY0004-10.jpg

SANY0008-8.jpg

Thanks TRM!!

Here is what it looks like before a top coat, decals, or panel lining.

SANY0001-10.jpg

SANY0003-12.jpg

SANY0004-8.jpg

SANY0005-9.jpg

SANY0006-9.jpg

And here is what it looks like after. I did two layers of gloss coat before panel lining and applying decals. And one coat over that.

DSC04252.jpg

Next dry brushing.

@Youli Thanks!! The decals I used were left over decals from my GP01 and EZ8, made by a third party.

@ModelMakerMike Thanks!! :)

Here are a few shots I took after dry brushing and before a flat coat.

SANY0001-11.jpg

SANY0003-13.jpg

SANY0004-9.jpg

SANY0005-10.jpg

And here are some finished shots.

SANY0024-2.jpg

SANY0028.jpg

SANY0018.jpg

SANY0008-7.jpg

DSC04257.jpg

DSC04253.jpg

Can I say something?
I actually liked it better before the gloss..... Are you going to dull it back down? I was digging all the scars and damage, but they almost seemed to disappear under all that Manufacturer's gloss coat. ;)
Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like what you've done! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Okay, totally dis-regard my last post. I typed it while you were up-loading the new pix!
MY BAD. lol ::) ::) :p ;) ;D ;D

@ModelManMike lol no problem man. I agree a flat coat is the way to go with most kits, I don't like having to gloss coat, but decals and panel lines are easier to apply over gloss. Then I flatten it back down:)

@MR ITO 67 Thanks man! First time trying to battle damage a kit.

This is where I am currently at with this. Working on a diorama. I'm doing a side story . My first thought was to take a scene from the first few episoded of 0083: Stardust Memory, the Type C is chasing after GP02 in the devastated landscape of Australia, where a colony was dropped by the Principality of Zeon. But I want to use trees and underbrush:)

DSC04269.jpg

DSC04270.jpg

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04272.jpg

Man, you are going to town on this thing!
I haven't even taken pix of mine unstarted!!!!
Hopefully I will today!

@ModelMakerMike Yeah I like to work quick! Looking forward to your deathscythe hell!

@Grendels Thanks! Second attempt at a display diorama. The first one didn't go so well:)

Well the diorama didn't take long at all to make, so I think I'm finished! So I started a little before the 1st. I haven't decided what I want to work on next, but I'll probably make it part of this group build!

SANY0024-3.jpg

SANY0017-3.jpg

SANY0012-4.jpg

SANY0009-6.jpg

SANY0006-11.jpg

SANY0003-15.jpg

Latest posts

Back