Messerschmitt Me 410B-1

Thanks!
Well, the future is on and the top view decals are on, few more sides to go for that. The landing gear is painted, so it shouldn't be too much more and I can get on to the next build..YEAH!

Cheers!

Wow, that looks fantastic! Way better than I could ever do with an Aztek (I finally gave up and for father's day I bought an Iwata... much easier for me besides the cleaning process). I think if you bought yourself a compressor with more control, you'd be a natural. As far as a moisture trap, I made one myself. Its actually a Chainsaw fuel filter. I cut the thin air hose in half (that runs from compressor to airbrush, not the thick coiled one) and used plastic hose connecter things (the white parts) that allow me to connect different size tubes together. Worked like a charm. Since I don't use an Aztek anymore, you're welcome to this if you send me your address. Maybe it'll save you the headache I had!

Aaron

Here is the picture:

MoistureTrap.jpg

Aaron

Decals are on except for the spinners. (I could use some prayers...) I just finished spraying a coar of future on them. The Decals aren't the greatest. Though, I've had this kit for a few years in the stash. With the exception of a few, they went on ok. One of the crosses had a major rip, but i managed to get it on, and one of the chevrons (Starboard), the tip ripped, but managed to fix that too. The white band near the tail i would suggest that you paint it instead of the decal. i should've done that but forgot and didn't want to possibly screw up what I had done. I just finished what i hope is my last coat of Micro Sol. Mostly used on the white band. That took a few days alone. It didn't quite come out how i envisioned (imagine that) but it's acceptable. The only additional decal complication i can forsee are the wooden shoes on the engines. looks like i may have air bubbles behind them. Though the decal unfortunately appears thin and dark, like it should have a white backing decal behind it, like some aftermarket decals do. I haven't looked for them, but if you're thinking of building this kit, look for after market decals and use them.
DSC00807.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

Holy Smokes! The paint job alone looks fantastic! I'm not sure of any aftermarket 410 markings, been looking for some for the -219 as well... You've done very well with what the kit gives you!

Aaron

Well, a bit of an update (Since it's been about a month since i was here last). Did the top and bottom panel lines. Still have the top to clear coat yet. Then the exhaust stains, final flat clear, then gear and props and I can call it done. Hopfully I can get to that this week.
Cheers!

I LIVE!!!

Hey guys, it's been a while but I'm back and nearly done on the 410.
here's a few pics.

DSC00894.jpg
DSC00888.jpg
DSC00891.jpg

Sorry to leave everyone hanging back when, but things came along and well.... took presedence.

But anyhoo, I should have this up in the Finished section shortly.

Thanks!

Looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished.

Well, it's done (as far as i'm concerned).
Go here: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1032.0.html
Thanks for checking it out!

Latest posts

Back