Merseajohn's YT FLF

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
So I thought while Iv got loads of of models to be getting on with and some coming in the post, I thought I'd take on the stupid task of Scratch building a completley new ship. :p
Its going to be a converted old corellian ship with no pimped out engine's no guns and nothing really going for it.......I'm not making this sound good am I.... ::)
Well I'll try and get my point across when it gets further into the build.
Heres the start of her:
IMG_1305.jpg
IMG_1306.jpg
The body is made up from inch and a quater waste pipe and fittings. I'm going to armour plate it like the falcon and add the 3 photo etched engines. Also theres going to one mandible coming from the front left. Comments welcome! :D

Thanks me old muckers! Heres the mandable on, I'm moving really fast with this and nothings going wrong..........................that doesnt seem right :-\
Anyway heres the pic ;)
IMG_1309.jpg

As I understand the schematics for your future bird are lying in the background? :) She's going to turn into a sweet looking ship, and I think that this her asymmetry gives her a big charm.
Excellent work so far, the structure for the round part of the main hull looks mighty!))

Definitely interesting looking.
Fits right into the SW universe, looking like that

Thanks Q & Grendels! Can't wait to cover this ugly S.O.B with greeblies and pipes!
Here's the cockpit from the Amt falcon. Iv filed back the windows to give them a bit more length and also added the 'ribbing' around the windows.
a3936b7d.jpg

Superb! You've done great with the main hull, buddy! Any ideas about color-scheme yet? Standart YT's gray with various panels, or smth. special? :)

Cheers mate! Yeah its going to be banged up for sure, different coloured panels etc. I'm going to use floquil grime & white mixed 50/50 (maybe a bit heavier on the grime). Its a test really for when I start the Mpc Falcon. Still havnt finished the 1/144 yet and theres loads in my stash that I cant wait to get started! Must not rush......

Wow ! Awesome Scratch ! pretty wicked talents you have....

it's a very enterprising project !!!! and you seem to have a great start !

Can't wait for more !

Keep up the good work !

Cheers for the comments Norm, John, Patrick and Omegaman55!
Allthough I dont like the design I'v created (lol!) I do like the ruggedness (if that is a word?) of it. I think once its all put together and engines are on etc it will look pretty cool?, anyway heres the plating on the top and I'v given it a coat of primer, (the more I look at it I wish I'd gone the whole hog and created a full sized YT... ::)) Oh and Iv installed a 3mm LED headlight at the front 8).
Hope you like it:
d51a78a8.jpg
70abda1d.jpg
Sorry about the bad pics, they were taken with my phone.

Agreed, excellent plating, and the side "guts on the outside" look awesome as well! Nice job! ;)

Latest posts

Back