merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Ok so here's my entry:
74ee4d60.jpg
Blue Moons Resin 'Rebel Runner' mastered by the awesome Stefan Hacker in 1/350 scale. Should be fun, I'm planning on lighting the engines and having a hidden switch and an internal battery/power supply. I'll try and keep a decent build thread going, all the best to everyone who entered, Scott for organizing and running the comp and the site and good luck!!

Stand back!!! Senior Gian is going galactic! As I've never seen a build up of this it should be great.

Thanks guys! Certainly not for the faint harted this one.....once I started I though 'what have I got myself into?' lol. But apart from some broken parts, bubbles, slightly off alignment and stuff I havnt found yet (but its a resin kit right?) this is going to be a great kit.
So, allready theres some repair work to do all around the outer circles of the bridge (very delicate resin almost paper thick!). And a huge chunk of resin to remove, mask on! (I can allready feel myself weezing lol)
de36db5d.jpg
Then out with the mini drill to try and get the parts flush:
60c993b5.jpg
Not to bad, some filling will definitely be needed:
d2484bf8.jpg
1'8th copper tube to keep it rigid:
9b4655b9.jpg
057aa271.jpg
af5d71fb.jpg
Beauty shot allready :eek: lol
90def0fe.jpg
Hope you like it ;D

I know this is going to be awesome as usual MJ

You're already moving at full steam ahead!

OMG!!!!!
John!!!
OMG!!!!!!! :eek:
;D
This is one of my ships-of-a-dream.
Have this beauty in stash for a while now, and this is goin to be an extremely interesting build for me to watch.
Ohh, man, still can't believe You've entered this one! Sooo cooool! :)
Great progress already! 5 stars!!!

Very nice John!!! Couple little sidesteps already ey?? You seem to have it all under control!!! Will be watching!! ;D

This is going to be awesome! I've never seen a build up this ship either. Looks like you're already making really good progress. keep it up!

Oh wow! Awesome kit. Great start on her too. I'm looking forward to this! 8)

Really nice kit! That bad boy is twinkelling me from starship modelers from a long time now ;D

I will follow that thread with attention!

Thanks for the interest guys! Gotta long way to go yet Glorfindel!!
Anyway here's the damage to the side of the bridge, ganna use some styrene strip and filler to deal with these nasties:
9a83c354.jpg

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. But I know you can get this one looking good!

Latest posts

Back