merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

You make me cry with happiness! What a lovely build!! The paneling looks great...that beautiful subtle touch you have....

As for the MF, do you have the F-Toys version? THAT one would look better than the (tomy?) one you have there...at least detail wise. But with your painting you could make ANYTHING looked like it stepped right out of ILM...

nicholassagan said:
You make me cry with happiness! What a lovely build!! The paneling looks great...that beautiful subtle touch you have....

As for the MF, do you have the F-Toys version? THAT one would look better than the (tomy?) one you have there...at least detail wise. But with your painting you could make ANYTHING looked like it stepped right out of ILM...

Cheers Nick! Tomy did you say? whats wrong with my pre school falcon!? Ok I did get it off the front of a magazine ::) I'm waiting for the f-toys one to go down in price, how much different in size is it to the 'my first falcon' toy I'm using by the way?

Does this help you get an idea of size?

ftoysyt_img_4332.jpg

ftoysyt_img_4333.jpg

Here it is next to the Revell Pocket Kit...which IMHO is 1/350...based on the PE figure I used in it...

ftoysyt_img_4330.jpg

way too cool MJ, weathering looks great the panel wash pops out the details :eek:

Humm... :) I´m not a S.W. / spaceships guy... but I must recognize that your model has reached superb status, MJ... :D Nice & nice !

Congrats man, this is looking terrific ! ;)
Cheers
RG

Thanks guys, and Nick that does help alot, it appears that its the same size as the one I've used. I've got a bid on one now, fingers crossed!

Oh, look at those scratches on the head and all the shades looking so interesting and realistic on the hull!
Thats incredible! Love this build sooo much!

Looking fantastic!.....blockade runner looks good too......Ha, no seriously your build is coming along amazingly...as usual

J

Loving it MJ, I agree the chipping looks fantastic, like its hit lots of debris in hyperdrive!

LOL....LOVE IT John!! Now you have me looking for MF's!!! That is sweet...tiny, but sweet!!! Wee need to talk at some point about this SCI-FI thing ::) Great work on the chipping too!!! ;D

Igard said:
Awesome stuff, mj. 8)
Thanks mate :)
Solander said:
Oh, look at those scratches on the head and all the shades looking so interesting and realistic on the hull!
Thats incredible! Love this build sooo much!
Cheers dude ;D
Jaitea said:
Looking fantastic!.....blockade runner looks good too......Ha, no seriously your build is coming along amazingly...as usual

J
Ha thanks J
Leighbo said:
Loving it MJ, I agree the chipping looks fantastic, like its hit lots of debris in hyperdrive!
Cheers, yup its ganna get banged up!
TRM said:
LOL....LOVE IT John!! Now you have me looking for MF's!!! That is sweet...tiny, but sweet!!! Wee need to talk at some point about this SCI-FI thing ::) Great work on the chipping too!!! ;D
I'm ready to chat when you are lol!
ModelMakerMike said:
Genius!
The wee Falcon looks fantastik!
;D ;D
Thanks buddy.
Quaralane said:
Ship is looking great.
Solaria's going to need her best to go against her
It's not a competition Q! Oh....wait yeah it is. Your Solaria's looking great mate.

So I've pretty much finished with the oils. I havnt stayed 100% to the studio model because...dare I say it...It's a little bland :eek: and it also lets me just run free with my imagination. After these oils have fully cured I'll bang out the AK Interactive pigments and get this thing finished up!
Untitled-1.jpg
IMG_2280.jpg
IMG_2282.jpg
IMG_2283.jpg
IMG_2285.jpg
IMG_2287.jpg
Hope you like the progress!
Take care guys,
MJ

merseajohn said:
So I've pretty much finished with the oils. I havnt stayed 100% to the studio model because...dare I say it...It's a little bland :eek: and it also lets me just run free with my imagination.

100% with you on this one.
Your giving this piece the life it deserves.

Cheers

This is killer!
Add about twice as much shocked faces to the nicholassagan's post, and You'll see my reaction.
Best BR model I've ever seen. Outstanding!!!

John,

What a stunning piece of work Sir. :eek:

Your weathering is so subtle it makes the detail pop without overwhelming the base colour.

Where do you get those little falcons from cuz i want one so bad after see yours. ;D

Great stuff mate, simply great.

Gag

Latest posts

Back