merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

Outstanding work MJ. Love the lighting on the beauty.

My 7 year old cousin came to visit me the other day. He was looking at my USS Spitfire (defiant) build. When he flipped on the switch and saw the lights come on, I knew that was why it's worth all the effort.

Pics are working fine for me MJ.

Oh MJ that looks sweet! I'm telling you I'm half a world away and I can hear that friggin Star Destroyer behind it.

Nice job ! and Fast to !!!
Can't wait for you to start weathering this thing ..
Man I want one so bad !

Keep up the good work !

TRM said:
Hey John...Out-friggin-standing!! Looking amazing brotha'!! As for the picture, I clicked on it and it was working OK for me!! Keep it going my friend!! ;)
Thanks mate! Not sure whats going on with the pics? must be a problem my end.
spud said:
:eek: Wow those engines are Sick
Cheers Spud ;D
Grendels said:
Looking good!

And I know what you mean, I have four or five that can light up and I rarely turn them on......
Thanks G, yup but we know we put the effort in lol
Igard said:
Outstanding work MJ. Love the lighting on the beauty.

My 7 year old cousin came to visit me the other day. He was looking at my USS Spitfire (defiant) build. When he flipped on the switch and saw the lights come on, I knew that was why it's worth all the effort.

Pics are working fine for me MJ.
Yeah your right Igard. Thanks for the comments ;)
The Nylon Gag said:
Dude, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nuf said

Gag
Ha Ha cheers Gag.
Glorfindel said:
Oh MJ that looks sweet! I'm telling you I'm half a world away and I can hear that friggin Star Destroyer behind it.
Cheers Glorfindel! ;D
schweinhund227 said:
Nice job ! and Fast to !!!
Can't wait for you to start weathering this thing ..
Man I want one so bad !

Keep up the good work !
I cant wait to weather it also mate! And quick? theres a contest on you know! Now get back to that bench lol
Thanks for all the comments chaps, it means alot. Wont be getting on with much this weekend as it's my other halfs (looks over shoulder..) suprise 30th birthday tonight! So expect an update late sunday or early next week (hangover permiting lol).

Happy 30th to your other half, now get back to that bench. ;D lol

Honestly mate, this is some realy great work

More videos please ;D

Gag

Quaralane said:
Amazing work on this. Looking forward to more
Cheers Q!
The Nylon Gag said:
Happy 30th to your other half, now get back to that bench. ;D lol

Honestly mate, this is some realy great work

More videos please ;D

Gag
Hey cheers Gag, it was a very good (messy :p) 30th lol thanks.
smusno said:
if this build were a woman.

she would model girly undercrackers.

fantasmagorical!
Ha Ha cheers Smusno :eek:

So got an update for ya! Sprayed the 'red' markings on, using a 50/50 mix of hull red and flat red, I used the old maskol and sponge technique for the chipped paint. Hope you like it:
IMG_2201.jpg
IMG_2209.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg
IMG_2213.jpg
These pic's arent so great because I've had to take the ship out of the photo booth because it doesnt fit :mad:
IMG_2190.jpg
IMG_2192.jpg
Next up are the random panels then........fingers crossed..... my favorite part the weathering ! ;D
Take care and thanks for stopping by.
MJ

To tell the truth, I've been waiting for the stage of applying those red strips a lot, as allthough they are not thick at all, and the number of them is not great, they still add so much to the look of the ship... Can't express, but for me, a Tantive without red markings is not a Tantive at all (I was very angry with the blue markings scheme on the "tantive" in RotS, glad it turned out that was no Tantive after all - thats ok with me)
Awesome progress here, my friend, thumbs up! :)

WOW dude! You really nailed the base color for the hull! Liking how the striping is coming along, too...lovely job, sir! You should be knighted!

It's a Dio!!!
IMG_2254.jpg
Only joking!
Thanks so much guys, such nice comments cheers.
So I got out the oil paints today and tried to give some panels a bit of discolourization (if that's even a word ???) I like the way it looks and I'll give her another layer tomorrow (doesnt really show up in the pics but its there lol).
IMG_2249.jpg
IMG_2228.jpg
Also added the different coloured panels and the grey chipping on the hamnmer head:
IMG_2230.jpg
And the reason for the falcon is to give it some scale, the little thing is about 1/350 scale and I think it looks quite neat next to it (ALLTHOUGH THIS WILL NOT BE IN THE FINAL PICS)
athis is how it looked before the makeover :p eer so I got the primer out:
b3f3a9fb.jpg

Then a quick preshade:
91cab1f5.jpg

Next a mix of deck tan and flat white (I also highlited that mix with more white to give it some highlights on the panels):
4d6f6d03.jpg

Then some washes and pigments! All done in under an hour! ;D
a8be3930.jpg

Hope you like the update guys, I've got the rest of the odd coloured panels to spray on the engines next, then oils, ak streaking grime etc and finally pigments.
Thanks again for looking ;)
MJ

Latest posts

Back