Sci Fi - RC Blockade Runner (FINISHED)

dano985

Hello,

This will be my first time entering this contest. I decided to push myself and start one of my grail kits. The Randy Cooper Blockade Runner. It will not be the Tantive IV seen in A New Hope. I am toying with alternative paint schemes for this ship. Here is a picture of the box of parts I took today. First step, giving the parts a good wash!
DSC01887_zpsg5unh0tz.jpg

Re: Sci Fi - RC Blockade Runner

WHOA dude! Good luck!! Guess the Blue Moon kit is just too small eh? :p Be warned, I've read that there are a lot of difficult pieces/assemblies (and in cases lots bubbles!). Still, really looking forward to it! You've got a knack for wild schemes :)

Thanks Nick! I am saving my Blue Moon to do a Tantive IV build. I wanted to do something a little different with the RC kit. I have heard things too, but on my first inspection it looks pretty good.

No way!!! Awesome, can't wait to see this started!!! 8)

Welcome to the BSC. This will be fun to watch.

I just love that ship I can't wait to see yours

Thanks Guys! I should have some progress pics shortly. I am working on the head first, as the engines are scaring me right now... :eek:.. As I said above I will not be doing a screen accurate build for this. I found some really cool pics online that have given me some ideas on the modifications I could make. I already started changing some of the details on the kit. Not that there was anything wrong with them, I am just trying to make it my own.

This 3D model has some really cool turrets. Almost like a TIE cockpit. I might use a similar idea on my build.
JMTU2-Large_zpsb0e78516.png

I am also thinking of using a round radar dish rather than the square one.

So you're going for this ref image?!?!
Wow, I'm excited to see this baby come true!
Good luck mate

Man that looks like a ton of resin!! Great subject.. Looking forward to see this one come together...

Thanks dudes!! I will be taking aspects from that 3D model, but not the whole ship.

Some progress pics on the head. I completed the bridge (not that anyone is ever going to see it). I have a small crew made from photo etch guys and some fiber run into it as overhead lighting. I have been adding some detail and filling seams, bubbles. I also did some scribing in front of the bridge window, as it was smooth.
DSC01888_zpslt8ph18d.jpg
DSC01889_zps4l9a2kj2.jpg
DSC01890_zpsfuuuuklu.jpg
DSC01892_zpshsqm7jrb.jpg
DSC01893_zpsmlcnffcc.jpg

Latest posts

Back