merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

Jaitea said:
Ohhhhhh....I want one!!

The painting is spot on,... you're a master
J
Thanks Jaitea!
Jurasikfrank said:
merseajohn said:
So I've pretty much finished with the oils. I havnt stayed 100% to the studio model because...dare I say it...It's a little bland :eek: and it also lets me just run free with my imagination.

100% with you on this one.
Your giving this piece the life it deserves.

Cheers
Yeah I hate to say that ILM didnt do a great job, but it was weathered to show up on camera, so big streaks and dirty marks dont really cut it at 1/350 scale, everything has to be more subtle. Thanks for the nice words aswell ;)
nicholassagan said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did I forget to mention :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: Thanks!
Solander said:
This is killer!
Add about twice as much shocked faces to the nicholassagan's post, and You'll see my reaction.
Best BR model I've ever seen. Outstanding!!!
Wow thanks Sol!
The Nylon Gag said:
John,

What a stunning piece of work Sir. :eek:

Your weathering is so subtle it makes the detail pop without overwhelming the base colour.

Where do you get those little falcons from cuz i want one so bad after see yours. ;D

Great stuff mate, simply great.

Gag
Cheers Gag! F-toys sell a very nice 1/350 one.
Igard said:
Nicks post, plus....

:eek:

Amazing once again MJ! 8)
Ha ha cheers Igard!

Well this isnt so much of an update (allthough the radar dish has been added) just a better overall pic, I've managed to 'expand' my photo booth allowing the whole ship to fit in.
IMG_2298.jpg
May the 4th be with you ;D
More updates to follow soon.
Cheers
MJ

its ok, i guess.

may the 4th be with you.

;)

people like you. yeah, you. with all ya "talent" all.

whatever trevor.

--shakes head--

Okay, OFFICIALLY shooting for second place now, This one's fantastic

Now you will witness the full lighting effect of this fully armed and operational photo booth!

Incredible stuff MJ. I think you've improved on ILM's original.

being this far in front, this early on just isnt fair.

i demand a stewards enquiry.

VIEWS 2230

POST's 232

Nuff Said ;D

If the contest was judged on these figures, you are what i believe is called "Running away with it" ;D

Gag

Thanks for all the comments guys (even smusno :p lol), it's great checkin back on your thread seeing loads of interest ;D. I've got a little more to show you, I realised I hadnt taken any pics of the underneath so here you go ;)
IMG_2321.jpg
IMG_2313.jpg
IMG_2311.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg
Still got some more work with the pigs to do and then she'll be done!
Thanks again for all the kind words guys,
Cheers
MJ

SOOOO, since this one's pretty much done... What's next? The reason I ask is because this thing is freaking sweet!!!!!! :eek:

Yip, if you continue to build at this rate, you could win 1st, 2nd and 3rd!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fantastic paint job, a real inspiration!

Where do you display the completed kits?

J

adampolo13 said:
SOOOO, since this one's pretty much done... What's next? The reason I ask is because this thing is freaking sweet!!!!!! :eek:
Thanks Adam, what's next?......well I've got a few options...I've got the choice between a Dio, an Armour subject or an aircraft. And the one I think I'm going to choose is something that I've never built before and know nothing about! But I think thats a positive because it's letting me go really out of my comfort zone lol.
Igard said:
Yip, if you continue to build at this rate, you could win 1st, 2nd and 3rd!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks for that Igard but I really dont think thats going to happen lol! Anyways I'm just in it for the fun (and it has been VERY fun!) and to support the site. I also get a real kick out of watching everyones builds and seeing how much peoples skill is really growing. There's a lot of talent here at SMA.
Jaitea said:
Fantastic paint job, a real inspiration!

Where do you display the completed kits?

J
Thanks Jaitea! I have a small room in which I work and display my models etc (I dont really have a better shot than that, but there are some flat Ikea cabinets that hold the rest, but I'm seriously running out of room to display stuff, its started to spill out down to the lounge much to my other halves dissmay ;D):
IMG_1087.jpg
TRM said:
Beauty John!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks mate :D
Update soon guys, stay tuned!
MJ

Latest posts

Back