merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

Thanks for the video John, you've explained the technique very well.....a great help

J

Well Merseajohn!
That looks really kewl.
How much did that resin kit set you back?
It's a beauty. Can they even be gotten for a reasonable price anymore, or is it one of those situations where they have been discontinued for a few years? :)

ModelMakerMike said:
Well Merseajohn!
That looks really kewl.
How much did that resin kit set you back?
It's a beauty. Can they even be gotten for a reasonable price anymore, or is it one of those situations where they have been discontinued for a few years? :)

You can find it at the starshipmodeler store:

http://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/1833_40/1350-rebel-runner.cfm

Close to $300 US and out of stock right now. The last time I looked they had it in stock.

Wow cheers for the positive response on the progress and video. I was a little nervous because it was my first time talking and I like Igard have a bit of an accent and thought that I may not be understood lol. I think Grendels has answered the question about the kit. But it can be found on eBay sometimes and there's always the bigger more expensive Randy Cooper Blockade Runner:
http://randycoopermodels.com/content/blockade-runner-0
I should be laying down the white tonight, I did make a mistake on the colour mix but I hope it turns out a positive once the white goes on because I think it might give the whole model nice depth :-\
Thanks again for having a look and taking the time to post a comment, it really helps.
Cheers!
MJ

Looking forward to that base coat! And that RC one is a little more out of scale....the Blue Moon kit is sure nice in 1/350...

nicholassagan said:
Looking forward to that base coat! And that RC one is a little more out of scale....the Blue Moon kit is sure nice in 1/350...

Yeah its nice to have a kit that's in scale with a few things (especially the sci fi world). And thanks, but you wont have to wait much longer! Got the final base coat on today, its been a real happy accident actually. I thought I messed up going in with the white/grey 50/50 mix but its actually created I nice contrast that I'm happy with (and I hope you guys are to). Tonight should be a real turning point in the build, I'll finally get to glue everything together and install the lights. Thanks again for looking!
MJ
IMG_2158.jpg
IMG_2129.jpg
STAR WARS : The Solo Adventures (HD)

The layer of white did really add a lot more depth to the ship: it now looks much bigger than it really is in it's scale.
Thats what I call a great job turning the mistake into an opportunity and use it, well done! :)
And I really enjoyed your last video demonstration and the possibility to so to say see the person behind all those brilliant builds. Don't have any worries, John, everything was perfectly understandable ;)

Solander said:
The layer of white did really add a lot more depth to the ship: it now looks much bigger than it really is in it's scale.
Thats what I call a great job turning the mistake into an opportunity and use it, well done! :)
And I really enjoyed your last video demonstration and the possibility to so to say see the person behind all those brilliant builds. Don't have any worries, John, everything was perfectly understandable ;)

Cheers Sol! Hope my face didnt scare ya! :p
Well I've had an evening on my own (other half went out for the night ;D) and I thought what better place to spend it than the bench listening to Eddie Vedder ;D. Ive spent ages trying to get the engine brackets to align properly and Ive got glue everywhere (tip: use gloves when using epoxy glue, you get finger prints everywhere :mad:) but it's turned out ok ( I hope) and the lights work :D
IMG_2164-1.jpg
IMG_2165-1.jpg
IMG_2168.jpg
IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2173.jpg
I've got to go back in and amend all the dings, glue marks and scrapes but I'm still happy with the progress, but man I cant wait to get back to a shake 'n' bake kit ::) lol
Eddie Vedder - Guaranteed (Water on the Road DVD)

It scares me just looking at the pictures of all that wiring mj, this is gonna look amazing lit up!

Lots of wires....

But it will look good in the end.

What is this shake and bake kit you speak of, I don't know what that is......

:p

OH... and the "Solo Adventures" I know one of the guys who worked on that.
It was a sort of thesis animation project.
He attended a C.G. Animation school in Florida.
I thought it was pretty kewl especially considering the amount of time they were allowed to finish it...not a lot.

hey mj been a while since i checked in and mans this is turning out Killer.

Leighbo said:
It scares me just looking at the pictures of all that wiring mj, this is gonna look amazing lit up!
Thanks mate, it's kind of funny really, I'm putting so much effort and man hours into lighting the thing which I'll only ever turn on once and thats to take final pics for the competition! I did the same with my FM 1/72 Falcon, fibre optics, engine lights, front lights....I can count the times I've turned it on with one hand lol ::) They just end up sitting in the cabinet.
Grendels said:
Lots of wires....

But it will look good in the end.

What is this shake and bake kit you speak of, I don't know what that is......

:p
Ha Ha cheers G, and by the way...it is gettin heavy now lol
ModelMakerMike said:
Reminds me of a tune by Gary Numan......
"I dream of wires"
;)
excellent work!
Dont know the tune MMM I'll have to check it out lol, thanks for the comments though. ;)
And thats awesome that you know a guy involved in that vid! I think it's better than most clone wars episodes.
Biskup said:
Looks better and better each time I drop in here.
Cheers M8
Thanks mate :)
spud said:
hey mj been a while since i checked in and mans this is turning out Killer.
I know what you mean mate, difficult to keep track on everyones work, so much cool stuff going on. I think deciding the winners is going to be as difficult as building the model! And cheers for the kind words mate.
Well more rain today so that means more time at the bench. Finally a real turning point has happened. All the engines have been put on (if a little bit wonky in places :-[) which wasnt a walk in the park! Nothing wanted to sit right and I found myself just holding bits together for ages just praying that they would stay lol. The lights have been installed and as I said, I really dont know why we do it to ourselves lol. I'll never turn the bloody things on! But there done and look ok. So I'll stop yappin and give you some pics (its hard to take good pics of the whole ship because it's to large, I'm going to have to get a sheet or something and somehow diffuse the light. Any ideas ???):
IMG_2178.jpg
IMG_2181.jpg
IMG_2184.jpg
I dont know if anyone else is getting this but I have to scroll right to see the whole pic, is there a standard res I should be sticking to? And when I'm clicking on a pic it just says loading??
Thanks again for the comments and taking the time to look.
MJ

Hey John...Out-friggin-standing!! Looking amazing brotha'!! As for the picture, I clicked on it and it was working OK for me!! Keep it going my friend!! ;)

Looking good!

And I know what you mean, I have four or five that can light up and I rarely turn them on......

Latest posts

Back