merseajohn's Rebel Blockade Runner

merseajohn said:
Grendels said:
She is looking nice, and I bet she is very heavy....
Thanks mate, not as heavy as you'd think at the moment G, remember the main tube running through is hollow, it will start to get weighty when I put the rest of the engines on though.
Next update should have the remaining engines primed and attached, but its back to the grindstone at work tomorrow and I'm busy all weekend so things will slow up a bit now. Anyway thanks so much for havin a look and taking the time to comment, means alot.
MJ

I know how you feel, I have been working 10+ hours every day for the last two weeks. That stops on Thursday.

I can't wait to see her with lights!

The Nylon Gag said:
Wondered if your seen this, watch the whole slide show, i hope it gives you some inspiration ? ;D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28993771@N04/sets/72157622636188685/show/

Lasse Henning is Outstanding :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gag
Yeah this guys work is insane!!!

Thanks again for the kind words guys. It's poring down with rain where I live so not much work can be done today so I thought I'd come back and get modeling lol. Started off washing the rest of the engines:
99a570a7.jpg
And then got pre shadin woo!
IMG_2084.jpg
I've actually made a really bad video documenting the pre shade. I'll try and film the whole painting and weathering process, its a little daunting to say the least but I hope it will be a little interesting to watch. It will be up in a day two.
Cheers and thanks for looking.
MJ

Thanks again chaps. Well I thought all my drilling was over.....I thought all my plumbing was over.....THERE'S MORE!!! AAARRRGGHHH
So I've finished drilling all the little round holes in the engine inserts:
d5a60090.jpg
I made the holes just small enough to 'grab' the LED without using glue:
8aff92e5.jpg
Then added 2 ply of baking/grease proof paper to diffuse the light:
ebfd2684.jpg
Now onto the plumbing. I thought about using the supplied parts in the kit, but they just kept braking off the sprue. So reluctently I started messin with the copper lol.:
eee8acad.jpg
Done one....seven more to go! :mad:
8a209e90.jpg
I sound like I'm moaning, but I am realy enjoying this build. Hope you like the (small) update and as always comments welcome.
MJ

Jaitea said:
Definitely worth the effort, she looks beautiful

J

Thanks Jaitea, its not much effort actually once you get into the rythm. Got the top four done now, should the remaining ones done hopefully tonight. Got loads of work on at the moment but due to weather I cant get much done...so Ive spent the time at the bench! ;D
IMG_2089.jpg
Pearl Jam - Porch @ Pink Pop 92
Check out Eddie's camera dive ;) \m/

Plumbing looks good! I know for a fact that you can't do that fast. Well not with any hope of accuracy...

Thanks G, it is time consuming! Nearly got them all done now. Should have another update by the weekend.

Looks excellent MJ. Really appreciate all the updates you've made dude! Cool stuff.

Let this project take its time, John - it deservs each second You are giving to it, as I can see from the updates :)
All in all, no words can say what I feel looking through your progress photos - too great to express the reaction on it in letters.
I keep imagining while watching through this topic of yours how I'm going to deal with mine BR (and these are some sweet dreams for sure). Can only hope that it would turn half as good as your's already is at this point.

Latest posts

Back