merseajohn's Fine Molds 1/144 Slave 1

Cheers Jaitea & Grendels, Igard you guest it! Nicholassagan I bet your no fun at xmas lol! I'm not sure I'll bother with cockpit....dunno we'll see how how it goes.
So first off I started with some rubber/plastic mold putty:
IMG_1729.jpg
Then mixed it half and half and put it in place:
IMG_1736.jpg
Then made the mix (a little on the weak side so that it will let light through):
IMG_1740.jpg
And here's how it turned out, not perfect but it will do:
IMG_1781.jpg
And here's a quick light test (it will be orange obviousley!).
IMG_1783.jpg
IMG_1786.jpg
Got the switch all made up and battery just gotta wait for the led's to turn up :-\

I learned long ago to keep my mouth shut around xmas...my powers of deduction are unparalleled... :-X

Looking good with the pieces man! Can't wait to see it all revved up!

:eek: This just keeps getting better and better John

They're not joking with the name Fine molds, I can't believe the detail at this size.

You're really doing it justice mate

This is goin more and more awesome with each update :eek:
Can't wait to see how it will look like when finished!
Superb job!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

So cool! Nice job molding those tiny clear parts. This is gonna look so good! :D

Thanks so much guys!
Ok major update time, this part has had colour modulation applied, 3 coats of green going from dark to light, pre shaded, post shaded, washed, dry brushed, pigments, chipping, matted down and here's the result:
IMG_1787.jpg
Ok so a real update isnt far off ;)

Ok so not quite a major update yet because the LED's havnt turned up, but an update never the less.
Got the bottom finished up, well the whole model is painted and weathered it's just the lighting that needs to be done and it will be complete.
IMG_1804.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg
And this has been playing while I've been workin ;D
02 Neil Young - Old Man (Live at the BBC 1971)

WOW, Great job sir.

Thats the most realistic hand i've ever seen buddy, great detail.

Slave 1's not bad either

Gag

Cheers for the kind words guys :D, forgot to take a pic of the guns so here's a bit of a fuzzy pic taken with my phone (sorry :-\)
b8061a91.jpg
The green was painted with Vallejo's medium olive & stone grey 50/50 and the barrells were done with citadel bolt gun metal. A mig neutral wash to finish it.

Latest posts

Back