merseajohn's Fine Molds 1/144 Slave 1

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, dont ask me why I've caught the 1/144 bug but I cant put this down! Fine molds have again produced a great little kit, great fitting crisp details the lot. Heres some step by step progress shots of the completed cockpit. Enjoy!
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1577.jpg

Have to say, that AK weathering stuff looks pretty handy. I'll have to pick me up some of that. You should be in advertising, John! ;D

Looks fantastic. Looking forward to this one.

i take it this is like the falcon, very few parts and plenty of detail?

That looks great so far. That AK weathering stuff.....is that a dry pigment or liquid? I've never used them but see more and more guys choosing them over other weathering methods. Heck I'm just getting used to chalk pastel washes!

Wow! I must admit that FM did a great job designing their kit once again: if not your hand, buddy, it would be hard to distinguish this cockpit from the 1/72's from the pic.
Great start here! The effects look masterly applied as always, and it is great to see all the work in steps. On my 1/72 Slave I (and if I happen to get 1/144 to) I'll follow them ;)

Nice dude! I'll be keeping track of your build to inform mine :D You really are setting a solid standard...

Thanks guys, Igard: I do try lol! Yeah and pick up some AK stuff there great. Jimi: Yup thats about right, great sharp detail and not a thousand parts lol, it fits together just like the 1/72 version. Glorfindel: Thanks, both pigments and wash/streaks have been used, mainly the straking grime though and that is like an enamel wash. Sol: Thanks buddy! Yeah as I said it fits together just like its bigger brother lol. And cheers Ken!
As you can see from the pic the parts fit great and allthough small in scale they have still kept the same amount of parts and detail as the 1/72:
IMG_1592.jpg
And here's one of the wings pre-shaded with a heavily mixed tamiya flat black:
IMG_1598.jpg
Comments welcome as always! ;D

It may be small but its perfectly formed... well thats enough of that innuendo!

I see what you mean about the detail for the scale, it looks great, and your painting and weathering is doing it justice, nice work mate

Can't wait to see this one progress

That looks like great detail! Tiny lines for the preshading too. Nice one, buddy. 8)

Wow that's crazy pre-shading at 144 scale. What are you shooting, .5 psi out of your AB?
Excuse me while I wipe the dribble off my keyboard.

Thanks Igard, SLW45 and Glorfindel! Allright so I've actually finished the flat parts of the wings. First off I had to recreate the yellow under coat shown through the chipping paint of the base coat. This was created by using a torn piece of sponge (armour guys will be very familier with this technique lol) held with some tweasers. The yellow was made from a mix of Vallejo Deep Yellow and Flesh Base.
IMG_1602.jpg
Then a pin was applied with MIG Neautral wash
IMG_1611.jpg
It gives a nice light brown tone which is what appears to be there in my refrence pics (taken from the awesome Chronicles book). Then back to the old AK winter streaking grime and finished off with a little bit of pigments.
IMG_1609.jpg
Just waiting for some paint to come through the post now :mad: and ill be on to the next part of the wings :)
Enjoy! ;D

Latest posts

Back