Star Wars AT-AT 1/144 from Bandaï

Kiwi

Hi. I am building a Bandaï kit and I am stuck right at the beginning. The text is in japanese and english but there is a small sign that I am not sure if it means GLUE THERE. Here is a screencapture.

IMG_7311.jpeg

That's just pointing out the orientation of that part ,
no glue , it's a poly cap part that allows movement -- or I'm guessing , it's not styrene right ? It's polyethylene ?

That's just pointing out the orientation of that part ,
no glue , it's a poly cap part that allows movement -- or I'm guessing , it's not styrene right ? It's polyethylene ?
Can’t tell if it’s styrene. The only thing I know it’s a plastic kit.

It looks like it allows the head to move side to side .
I don't see how it can come out when sandwiched within those halves .

Yeah , it allows the head to move side to side and very slightly up / down .
I don't see how it can come out with the parts orientated correctly .

I think this step is nec to secure it :

IMG_7314.jpeg

I have decided to try to add the next part and it looks like it’s working. It moves in all direction and remain still. Thanks for your help.

IMG_7317.jpeg

Do you suggest I begin to prime all those pieces right now instead of waiting at the end?

Probably easier , just mask off any plastic that needs to be cemented , or needs to be inserted into another assembly .
Bandai adheres to pretty tight tolerances that the thinnest coat of paint will interfere with

Work in progress. Everything is going great except that I broke a little piece (red arrow). I wont be able to move my AT-AT much because every time I move this leg, the little black part breaks in two. I will have to choose a position right after the built and don’t move it.

IMG_7368.jpeg

Work in progress. Everything is going great except that I broke a little piece (red arrow). I wont be able to move my AT-AT much because every time I move this leg, the little black part breaks in two. I will have to choose a position right after the built and don’t move it.
I live in Japan and my LHS is a Bandai Pro Shop affiliate. Let me know the part number and I might inquire there about a replacement part. It's real easy and I've done it for many people before. My only concern is that it seems that Bandai never repopped this kit and they may no longer have any part spares.

Construction completed. Now time for the painting.

DSC03130.jpeg
I live in Japan and my LHS is a Bandai Pro Shop affiliate. Let me know the part number and I might inquire there about a replacement part. It's real easy and I've done it for many people before. My only concern is that it seems that Bandai never repopped this kit and they may no longer have any part spares.
Thanks for your offer but I was able to complete my kit by glueing this little part and it worked.

Latest posts

Back