Master Box DAK WW II WIP

Beautiful work on the fig Tony!! Think you nailed it!! Great skin tones and the shadows a spot on!! Well done!!! ;)

Here we go with #2 in progress.
Going to try something different on this one and right now it makes you wonder don't it? ;D
100_1121.jpg

100_1124.jpg

100_1122.jpg

I think i'm putting on too much paint?????
Don't ya just love trying to learn something new without an expert sitting right there beside you? ::)
Tony lee

Tony,

I think your doing one heck of a job, they look great to me.

As far as putting on to much paint? Here is a quote from Bill Horan’s book Military Modelling Masterclass.

“It is always better to be too bold than too timid. The timid painter, whose shadows and highlights are so subtle as to be virtually indiscernible, often finds his efforts go unnoticed in the glare of display cases and the poor lighting so typical of miniature exhibitions.”

Keep the faith, and carry on.

I think you might just be looking to close for too long there Tony.....This looks fantastic buddy!!! ;D ;D ;D

Looks excellent to me Tony ;) just one question ,what are you putting your oil paint on ? The paint looks a little greasy ,if you put your paint out on a piece of carboard or greaseproof paper and let it sit for half an hour ,a lot of the oil will come out of it ,it makes it easier to work with ;)

Chris.

Chris. On the first one I use card board for the face colors but an Italian master figure painter told me to just use a foam plate so I did. I'm going to try the card board again on the next one today.
I've got the guy with the blue sweater up next. ;D

Thanks for the help fellows
Tony lee :)

Here you go. I'm just guessing with these colors and before I do the rest of him how does the sweater look to you?
100_1125.jpg

100_1126.jpg

Your opinions are very much appreciated
Tony lee

Thank You Sir
I used some different color flesh tones this time for a different complexion.
100_1129.jpg

On to the pants and collar
See Ya Later
Tony lee

Looks real good Tony , yeah stick to the cardboard or paper ,it draws the oil out better ,some foams are'nt really absorbant ;)

Chris.

You're right Chris it sure draws the oil out.
100_1130.jpg

100_1131.jpg

I thinks i'll take a break tomorrow,I ache all over. My series 7 brushes are said to be here Friday anyway
and i'm going to wait for those to touch up the eyes,the brushes i'm using just don't have a fine point and doing fine detail is a lost cause.

Oh and another thing,while i'm painting the paint blend and shading looks real good using the most powerful optivisor you can buy but the camera sees it entirely different. :(

Oh well there ain't no stoppin now.
Tony lee

The sweater looks great Tony. Great job on the lot!

I have the same problem, My figures always look different on the camera than they do to the naked eye.

Get ya some Windsor and Newton brush cleaner and take care of them Series 7 brushes. They will last a long time. You can find it at Hobby Lobby, at least thats where I bought mine.

BJ I bought a bottle of Mona Lisa brush cleaner and conditioner at Hobby Lobby way back when I bought my very first brushes. $8 for 237 ml (16 fl. oz.) is that good enough? It's made in the US of A even;D

Glad you like my efforts my friend
Tony lee

Well yeah, I'd think that ML brush cleaner would be good enough. Anything to keep them Series 7 brushes conditioned. Take good care of them, and they will take good care of you. ;D

You'll like them brushes, they hold their point, unlike many a cheap brushes I bought that fray out after a couple of uses.

looking good Tony the Blue will make him stand out like a snow man in summer :D

Latest posts

Back