Master Box DAK WW II WIP

The base colors are all LifeColor Ace. From flesh and uniform sets.
I used oils for the shading.

Happy that you like them 8)
Tony lee

wow tony they look awsome!! cant wait to see it in the little dio

Good Morning, Tony :)

So you got the Wild Afrika Bunch at the end!

And they look great, great, I don´t know why do/did you fear painting figurines, because your results are fully OK.

The pack looks very consistent in their poses, I can´t find any "strange" fig... I mean that all them blend very well together...

Definitely I´m convinced that this bunch is the D.A.K. version of "Kelly´s Heroes" ;D and they´re going to bang the National Bank of Alexandria ;D

I´ll follow their deployment over a dio / vignette, Tony ;)
Salud, hombre ;)
RG

Outstanding Tony ...your patience really payed big dividends ;) great work there buddy ,look forward to seeing the dio finished :)
So ,ya gonna do a few more figs in the future ?

Chris.

You're too kind Roberto
With the eyes getting weaker and what they call floaters blocking my vision,the hands are not near as steady as they once were have kept me from doing these little guys.
It's not much fun having to bear down so hard to get these painted know what I mean?

Chris
More? Yeah but not so many at a time, maybe one or two to give scale to my SPGs but that's all.

Rain is a comin and I hope to put the final mat coat on today.
Later folks
Tony lee

Tony lee said:
You're too kind Roberto
With the eyes getting weaker and what they call floaters blocking my vision,the hands are not near as steady as they once were have kept me from doing these little guys.
It's not much fun having to bear down so hard to get these painted know what I mean?

Chris
More? Yeah but not so many at a time, maybe one or two to give scale to my SPGs but that's all.

Rain is a comin and I hope to put the final mat coat on today.
Later folks
Tony lee

:) Mmmm... its then crystal-clear : I fully understand that under these circumstances painting figures should be a L-size PIA, Tony, I understand 100%.

;) So you deserve large, large amounts of respect for your effort, triple merit to you.

Believe me: looking those figs, looking what you´re able to do with PE, and how do you paint & wheaterize your models, one´s mind is VERY far from thinking that you model under these handicaps.

I repeat, triple merit to you... Tony, there´s no sweetie kindness in what I´m sayin´... there´s no kindness in saying a clear day that the sky is blue... one can just wonder how nice the sky can be, and simply be happy of looking, watching nice things, I don´t know if I´m able to fully explain myself, man ;) :)

See you around, Tony :)
;D and please have the decency to give these bunch at least a couple of quarter-gallon bottles of decent lager beer to have a drinkin´round, just ask "the hustler", surely he got some freezed beer in the middle of Libya ;D ;D

Salud / Cheers, Tony
RG

OK my dear friends the party's over and the cork is back on the jug. ;D

100_1143.jpg

100_1146.jpg

100_1144.jpg

100_1145.jpg

To finish them up the shoulder boards were put on,a coat of Mat Clear applied and to give them a dust
appearance I used MIG pigments (Faded Blue for the sweater, Beach Sand and Gulf War Sand.)

The project will now be moved over to the "Diorama" section of the site and we'll see what harm I can do over there.
Your advice and encouragement has been most appreciated so don't fail me now,the dio will be my first as well.

Cheers
Tony lee :)

Brilliant Tony ...they look even better now the oils have dried ,tidy work on the insignias too ,makes a big difference to the overall look ;) First class :)

Chris.

You're too late BJ, the wife and her sewing club finished it off already. ::)

Thanks fellows I sure didn't want to let you down since you spent so much of your time
prodding me along.

Tony

Hi!
I've been following your progress silently, since I never worked with Lifecolour paints or oils before. I must say, they look excellent, nothing wrong here. I am particularly impressed because these are your first miniatures... :eek:
You said you'd rather work with your PE, but I think we need to step out of our comfort zone to improve our skills and you did and your models will be the better because of it. 8)

Happy Painting, Sarah.

Latest posts

Back