Master Box DAK WW II WIP

Coming along nicely Tony!!! Like the idea of the blue sweater...adds a bit of contrast to the scene!! Keep it going!! ;)

:) Tony, these figures seem to be really on the good way.

I love that oddities with the clothing, they give a "break" in the monotony of the uniforms, give color and diversity. That looks really cool.

Take a look at this pic fron the "Das boot" movie: the Captain can be seen in some scenes wearing a civilian squares-pattern shirt, and in the pic he wears a civilian sweater:

dasboot.jpg
I do not know how was in your unit in the Nam, I suppose that the rules where more strict inside your barracks / base ( I HATED the damn training depot period, and also large bases dressing discipline), but I can remember a ship in wich when we were "on our way" every time we left the base / harbour / etc (special tasks ship, 50 hands), I had some civilian clothes of mine that I brought from home... and also, the rain / storm suit to be used in watch duties was a civilian one, not a military low-vis one...

But everybody hated the Naval Police when they picked guys because their uniform wasn´t neat... no fantasy dressing allowed then, you know, Tony ;D

Again, the figs are OK, do not sweat pointless, midolize your mind... ;D ;)
RG

Hi Ya'll
Went to work on the detail painting today.
100_1099.jpg

100_1100.jpg

100_1101.jpg

100_1102.jpg

100_1103.jpg

100_1104.jpg

100_1105.jpg

I think these are turning out much better than that one I tried a year ago and that's encouraging. 8)
I guess a wash and a pin wash are the next thing to do.

Rain will be moving this way in a couple of hours so they'll get the drying time needed.

Roberto i've seen that movie many many times,it's a classic.
See ya later
Tony lee :)

Tony,

Coming along nicely, I hope you don’t mind a little constructive criticism, but I would tone down the color of their lips. Kind of looks like they are wearing lipstick.

Other than that, they look great, I’m glad to see you push the envelope!

I'm not a master at painting figures my self. here is my current figure that I'm working on.

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,4151.0.html

I wondered about the lower lip color but it's the recommended "ROSA" color.
I just figured the wash would tone it down or would it?

Yep I saw the Duke and was waiting on the color just like everybody else. ;D

Thanks
Tony lee

Hi ya Tony , not hanging about I see ! Figs are looking good buddy ,for lips I would add a touch of crimson to the flesh colour so it just gives a hint of red ,at that scale you dont want them too pronounced ;)....otherwise good job :)

Chris.

My first head:
100_1112.jpg
I was so careful to get his eyes just right but then after two hours of work the dang camera has done
stolen them. ::)

Comments Welcome
It's still wet btw
Tony lee

Excellent work, Tony.
Looks like you're figuring out the art of painting figures

I really appreciate that guys but losing those eyes was a real disappointment.
I've used up my beginners luck so i'll really have to work getting them back in place. :-\

My gosh where has the time gone?
Later fellows
Tony lee

Howdy, Tony

That last figure is OK. Don´t sweat a lot, remember, those are a lot of "firts times" here, so don´t worry too much...

What has happende to eyes? I´m suppossing that the wash capilarity behavior has stabbed you in the back, that happened to me also with the last figure... it wasn´t a wash but I wash using a highly diluted color to add some shadows... :mad: so then came a lot of curses...

For people like me, close shots (pictures) are real "morale killers" . I´ve found also that the flash kills some colors, shades, etc... with close shots there are a lot of dangers.

But everything is going fine with thoses figures that you´re building, Tony :)
Salud, Tony
RG

Well Robert I just need to pay more attention next time.
I think I lost them when I placed the eye lid liner on the very edges of the upper and lower lid.
My focus was so intense on the edges that I didn't even notice I had wiped them out with the brush strokes.
Never fear i'll fix them today.

I wanted him to have a greasy smoky look being a tanker and not as if he just had a bath. I'll try and fix the eyes then move on to the uniform shadowing.

Thanks for checking on me Jelly
Tony lee ;D

In my opinion the eyes aren't as good as the first time but I had to be careful of the lids this time around because there's not much room to work as there was.
100_1113.jpg

They'll be just fine for government work though. ;D
Now i'll move down and work on the uniform shading.

Later Folks

I've really acquired a new respect for figure painters i'll tell ya. ;D

Thanks all

I think its looking very good Tony ;) are you using oils ? the first pic looked quite greasy thats why I ask .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back