Master Box DAK WW II WIP

Yeah Chris oils. That was yesterday and very wet, the one with eyes is after it did some drying overnight.

Those eye balls do make a difference.

Thank You
Tony lee

wow tony your really kicking it into gear now, that guy looks really good

Thanks Spun
Hopefully by the time I finish all of them they'll be a lot better. ;D

Tony lee

Tony,

The face you painted looks good, so good in fact, I may have to switch back to oils and try again.

The figure looks great, the skin shade looks great, everything looks great, really.

I´m getting "afraid" about what will you able to do if you paint 20 more figs or so ;D

You´re really proficient modelling, Tony, so congrats! :)
Salud, hombre
RG

Thanks RG,you're my number one supporter. 8)
I did the shading on the uniform today. I don't care for a lot of contrast,just the soft and subtle look so i'm going to stop right where I am and let it dry for awhile to see what effect it has on the colors.
100_1116.jpg

100_1117.jpg
Don't worry about the gaps and such,not a lot of effort on on the back since it'll be against the model.

Comments welcome,good or bad, remember
Thanks
Tony lee

Looks good Tony ,as you know the contrast will come out more when it dries ,so it looks spot on to me bud ;)

Chris.

That's what I thought Chris. Easier to add more later if needed right?
Since I took the pictures I put some umber around the boot laces so they stand out better.

Lordy these things are too much work ;D
Tony lee

Thats the way oils are normally used Tony ,two sittings , First wet on wet /second wet on dry ,as you say its easier to add to than undo ;)

Chris.

Well OK it's on to the next one.
100_1119.jpg

I'm going to try a different technique on the next figure so stay tuned.

Cheers
Tony lee :)

For someone who has never painted figures before that is looking pretty DARN good.

At ah boy ;)

Tony,

I was also going to say that its the same with me using Humbrols, it starts looking better once the paint drys for a few days.

Thanks BJ that's why I stopped, but because I had a couple of suggestions given to me, I added those.
Added shadow at the junction of the legs at the shorts/boot line as well as arms and shirt sleeves.
Also painted the shirt fold shadows darker at the belt line.
100_1120.jpg

In my day BJ when you came to a rail road crossing, you Stopped-Looked and Listened,no fancy bars and flashing lights back in those days.
That's also very good advice when learning, "Stop-Look-Listen" and hold your tongue between cheek and gum just so. ;D

Those are fine compliments btw
Tony lee

I was going to suggest adding the shadows you just mentioned. It makes the figure look so much better. By the time you get done with the figures for the dio, you’ll be a master figure painter.

Oh yeah, Once you get a couple under your belt, they get easier

He He, well, It's been 7 or 8 years since I painted a figure, and I seam to be "gettin right back on the horse".

Latest posts

Back