M20(A1) Mortar Carrier (ETO)

errains

Here is my entry for the 2012 BIG SPRING CONTEST

The subject is a hypothetical M20A1 81mm Mortar Carrier towing a liberated German Sd.Ah.52 37mm Flack Ammunition Trailer. This combination will be displayed on the Mini-Art Village Diorama Base with an Alpine Figure.

M20a1-001.jpg

As its about Midnight here I need to head off to bed to get a good night’s sleep so that I can start building this project!

Good Luck Everyone! ;D

Interesting. Are you going to convert the kit to mortar carrier or was it included originally?

@Bizarre; This will be a conversion. As far as I know the M20 was never fitted as a Mortar Carrier, though it seemed like a logical choice to me. ;)

Ahd thanks eveyone for the comments thus far :)

That's alot of work, Eric!!! but nothing compared to your Shermies!!! reserved a seat for me :D

errains said:
@Bizarre; This will be a conversion. As far as I know the M20 was never fitted as a Mortar Carrier, though it seemed like a logical choice to me. ;)
sounds like a lot of good work incoming ;)

Cool project Erik

Nice to see something different, look forward to watching this progress

It’s the end of the first week and here's what I gotz so far. Doesn’t seem as much as some others (LGB82) but I’m make good head way. :D

M20a1-P1a.jpg
M20a1-P1b.jpg
M20a1-P1c.jpg
M20a1-P1d.jpg

And here is a little layout planning. Order a couple more figies so I’ll see how the composition works with them.

M20a1-P1e.jpg[/url]

A TON of great models this year it should be a blast. Good Luck to everyone!!
Thanks for stopping by!!

Erik, good progress this week seems like your working on the dio scene and the mortar in between :D

Moving right along Erik!!! Looking great too!!! Keep it coming!!!

...you have that right, bout the a TON of great build this year!!!! ;)

Thank guys for the nice comments.

I got the driver area detailed out this weekend and started on the fighting compartment. I'll post some pics here soonest

Catch you all Later! 8)

Week two comes to a close and I made a little better progress. :D Got the drivers area detailed and the Ammo racks for the fighting compartment built. The ammo racks took longer than I thought they would but came out ok for the most part. :) Tomorrow I have a group build with my local AMPS club, so I’ll be working the Mini-Art building during the build session. Next week I'll finish up the fighting compartment and maybe some painting. ::) ....I hope

Just wanted to say that everyone is doing great and builds are coming along nicely
And now the pictures! 8)

M20a1-P2a.jpg[/url]
M20a1-P2b.jpg[/url]
M20a1-P2c.jpg[/url]
M20a1-P2d.jpg[/url]
M20a1-P2e.jpg[/url]
M20a1-P2f.jpg[/url]
M20a1-P2g.jpg[/url]
M20a1-P2h.jpg[/url]

Latest posts

Back