1/1000 Olympic Carrier(s)

Thanks guys! I started the decals last night. So far the decals are a combination of the ones I originally designed for the kit (stripes, etc) and the digital silk versions supplied with the kit. The stripes are tad pale but I don’t mind. My plan is to do the decals in phases/layers. What you see now is layer 1…the next layer is the paneling (although in retrospect I should have done the paneling first) and then layer 3 will be all the little “stencil” data and whatever else. This is a ”big” ship so it’s gotta have a ton of auxiliary markings and what not…I dug out a pile of various numbers, stencils, symbols etc that will give nice look.

Today when I get home I'll have to add apply another coat of Micro Sol to get some of those wrinkles out on the wrapped areas...

oc_img_3001.jpg

oc_img_3002.jpg

oc_img_3003.jpg

oc_img_3004.jpg

All done!! I’ll tell ya, it’s a tremendous pain in the ass to get the lighting to show up nicely while maintaining image exposure balance…I edited the final photo shoot down to about 40 with just a few similar angles.

Here's the full gallery link:
http://nicholassagan.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/sma-bsc-4-11000-olympic-carriers-pt7/

Would you guys let me know which 6 angles you like?? :p

And here are 10 selections:

ocfin_img_2774.jpg

ocfin_img_2703.jpg

ocfin_img_2702.jpg

ocfin_img_2700.jpg

ocfin_img_2699.jpg

ocfin_img_2694.jpg

ocfin_img_2690.jpg

ocfin_img_2677.jpg

ocfin_img_2676.jpg

ocfin_img_2741.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Most impressive!
I absolutely love, how much your custom paneling recals add to the final look of this twin masterpiece.

Latest posts

Back