1/35 M20 armoured car

stansmith

here is my entry for this years contest

sma2012m20.jpg

it'll be entered into the junior category.
i'll take some photos of what i've done tomorrow and post them here :)

Sweetness! ;D

Are you going to be decorating this bad boy with some stowage?

Sweetness!! As I'm doing an M20 myself I will be most definitively following along!
Good Luck!! :D

here's those pictures i promised.

sma2012m20004.jpg

sma2012m20002.jpg

sma2012m20011.jpg

sma2012m20006.jpg

it might look like there are some glue stains but they've all been cleaned up now.
probably paint the interior tomorrow. :)

Nice Work, Nice Work! Your making some great progress and I realy like the details you have added. Keep it up man!! ;D

Hey Stan,

I've been thinking about your M20 Build here. I noticed that you got quit a bit of frosting from the "super glue" you have been using. I use to get this all the time too and while it never effected the finial model I just hated it. If I may make a suggestion here.

Gator's Grip Acrylic hobby glue
GatorGlue.jpg

Ok this stuff is not super glue so it does not dry as fast. but it goes in about 10 minutes or so and holds with a strong grip. I have used it on photo etched with out any problems. It is thick and colored white. but drys nice a clear and NO frosting. And being Acrylic it cleans up super easy. For me this stuff just rocks and I give it two thumbs up!

You can order it directly from the wed site below and it took about a week and a half or so to get. And Kenny the owner was real helpful, which was nice.

http://www.gatorsmask.com/gatorglueorder.html

There are similar products out there but I have not tried them, so I can't talk to any of them.

So if you can give this stuff a try it is a really great product.

Good Work on your build thus far and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Kool 8)

thanks for the help, i thought the frosting would effect the paint so spent ages scraping it off :( i'll definetly try and find some :)

Hey Stan!

How is it gooding my good man?? ;) Did you get started on the painting yet. Post some pic so we can see more of this Kool build! ;D

sorry i haven't put any pictures up yet, i've just been to caught up actually making the model ;) . I'll try and take some photos later and put them up.
the wire is actually some wire i found round a wine bottle and thought it could be used for an alternative because i don't have any copper wire. :)

here's the pictures of the interior done, finally :D
might add a bit more clutter later, but i think it looks enough now, there should be an m1 carbine resting on the helmet, but it wasn't glued in on the first picture.

sma2012m20012.jpg

sma2012m20018.jpg

sma2012m20024.jpg

sma2012m20025.jpg

sma2012m20022.jpg

nearly finished building the whole thing, just got to make some stowage and its ready for painting :)

i made them from some wire i found in the garage, it was the same thikckness as the belt in the ammo belt, so i cut them up and stuck them down :)

Nice kit choice for the BSC. Coming along nicely and the interior detail looks great! I have this kit in my stash and looking forward to building it one day myself.

Hey Stan!

Outstanding job on your painting and weathering. You really captured the "Well Lived In" look that I really dig! :D I'm really look forward to watching more of this build come to life! 8)

Great, Great Job!!! ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back