M-48A3 VIETNAM

geegad said:
it looks amazing T the colours or the sun damage is quality and cause we are both in nam what colours did you use for the red earth it looks bang on.....

geegad

Thanks gee! The grime in the cracks is a wash made out of pastel powder mixed with mineral spirits. The other streaks are oil paint. I will take some pictures of the mixture tonight and post them so you can see what I'm doing. Pictures can explain better then I can.

Terry

ohhh ya now thats very nice, any plans for a base for it Terry?

Terrific looking M-48, MrT. Paintwork, weathering, decaling, etc.............all top notch.
Really like the fabric effect on mantle and gun cupola. Congrats! Bill

spud said:
ohhh ya now thats very nice, any plans for a base for it Terry?

Thanks Spud!! Yeah I have some ideas, but I'm still thinks things over.

Terry ;D

PANZERMAN said:
Terrific looking M-48, MrT. Paintwork, weathering, decaling, etc.............all top notch.
Really like the fabric effect on mantle and gun cupola. Congrats! Bill

Thanks Bill!!

;D

Ok the Marines are on board. I finished the rest of the crew last night. They are painted with oils and Tamiya paints. I think the goggle lens need to be tone down some; they are just too shinny. Here are some pictures of the crew and comments and suggestions are welcome.

Terry ;D

DSC07345.jpg

DSC07347.jpg

DSC07349.jpg

DSC07350.jpg

DSC07351.jpg

I believe you're right Terry, those are a touch too shinny.
Maybe a very light dusting with some clear satin will knock the shine off just enough.

Boy she's looking really nice "T" 8)

Tony lee :)

Tony lee said:
I believe you're right Terry, those are a touch too shinny.
Maybe a very light dusting with some clear satin will knock the shine off just enough.

Boy she's looking really nice "T" 8)

Tony lee :)

I think I will hit them some thinned down dull coat and then put on some real dust.

Thanks Tony!

;D

wyoroy said:
They really set the tank off, very nice touch.

Thanks Roy!! I think a model needs a figure so the viewer can get a sense of scale.

Terry ;D

Oh wow is that nice, I can almost feel the heat and hear the insects in the trees lol

Latest posts

Back