Last of the Gunfighters

Double Tap

I have been building on this for the past few weeks. Trumpeter 1/32 F8J. I am back dating it to a C model where I need to leave off some of the avionics and get the VF-111 decals for a group build I am doing on MBI.

This is going rather well and is fitting and looking better than the F-100 in my opinion. There are,as with most Trumpeter kits, some issues but mostly negligible. The engine is the same as the F-100 but the fuse doesn't come apart to display it so all it does is hold the flame ring and AB can in place.

The gear bays are nice with plenty of detail and all kinds of detail in the gun bays and turbine generator to float a rock.

The intake isn't seamless so I mad a slurry of squadron white and acetone and painted it in the intake and it shouldn't be a prob to sand down.
005-15_zps43bdb345.jpg

001_zps1f6f69cd.jpg

006-17_zpsbaad36ee.jpg

IMG_2198_zps96c1fda0.jpg

IMG_2149_zpsa03bb1a6.jpg

IMG_2147_zpsabd7798a.jpg

So far its a very nice build but the biggest problem is the gallons of white and gull gray I am going to need to paint this monster.

Looking good! looks like a big buzzard, a wise man would be investing in what ever brand of paint you favor, I do believe there with be a bump in sales this year ;D

Some very nice detail in the bays for sure, should save some time not having to make and install the plumbing. That thing must take up alot of bench space in '32, I can see why Subhuman1 wants to buy shares in a paint company!

Latest posts

Back