Deviating from how the aircraft should be?

carthorse11

Has anyone gone against what instructions state ie the wing on my spitfire I am supposed to cut the curve off the wing and colours ie prop cover supposed to be yellow , I know in real plane that is right ?

Has anyone gone against what instructions state ie the wing on my spitfire I am supposed to cut the curve off the wing and colours ie prop cover supposed to be yellow , I know in real plane that is right ?
It's really up to you what you feel happy about doing. Remember, it's for fun so I like to think that if I get somewhere near then it's fine.

The most enjoyable builds often are the "in your head" ones. For example..... Pantherman
20221008_212702.jpg20221008_212825.jpg

I use instructions more for suggestions than following them as a rule. Its a hobby, feel free to do whatever makes you happy to the model.

It depends on what you're building for. If you're building a replica of a particular subject, you might strive to get as many details accurate to references as you can. If you feel like letting your imagination run wild, then the only limit is really how well you can translate the picture in your head into the object. It's up to you. I'd say the same thing as Scott-it's a hobby, so whatever makes you happy doing it.

There was a modeler who wrote back in the day, and when things went online, he used to write articles for the online magazine, Internet Modeler. His motto, which he included as a signature, was "Build what you like, the way you like!"

(Internet Modeler morphed into Cybermodeler Online, by the way.)

Latest posts

Back