King Tiger group build?

For those of you wondering - I have the Hobby Boss plastic tracks on order for this build. That's the only aftermarket item.

Hey guys the dios look fantastic! Love the pictures of the bases/settings as they progress. The broken steps, rubble, cracked glass - it's crazy (a good kind of crazy).

I'm really looking forward to more pictures as these develop. How many builds do we have going on in this thread - three?

Awesome guys. :)

Wow! You guys are doing some great work on those dios. If all goes well I should be able to open my kit soon. Just gotta get this CF-101B Voodoo finished up and off the bench. Although I am a tad intimidated now-don't think my dio skills are quite as refined as what I'm seeing here. ;)
Cheers, Bullet.

cheers JMac and Bullet. ;)
Hey don't be intimidated, believe it or not this is my first dio, just do your homework and all will be fine, come on just jump in!
There's loads of excellent info and Vlogs on ye old interweb, get your Google out and check out you tube to.
If I can help I'm more than happy to answer any questions regarding my build.
later Joolz.

It is my first too!
I have found that making a wreck/ruin is easier than a nice shiny newb!
Off the bench!

oh and thanks guys I appreciate it!

I have searched high and low for the kit Scott is building, but no luck. If any of you know where they are selling them, please let me know. Yes I have even tried Ebay. No Luck. If you know of a kit very close that will work as well. Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff, it is a different kit number than Scott lists. He has an old kit.
The Tamiya King Tiger with Production Turret (Henschel) is available, in the current catalog and any good hobby shop can order it.
Hope that helps. . .

Thanks Mac,

I am still working on my King Tiger by Dragon, but will by the one by Tamiya and build along. It's more fun that way. :)

if this is any help Jeff:

I bought Tamiyas 1/35:
"Germain King Tiger - Production Turret"
"Panzer Kampfwagen VI Tiger II"
"Konigs Tiger"

Kit Item 35164 3900

Kit looks pretty close to me to what scott has. - well it'll do for me! ;)
Looking forward to building along!!

;D

JediPuju said:
if this is any help Jeff:

I bought Tamiyas 1/35:
"Germain King Tiger - Production Turret"
"Panzer Kampfwagen VI Tiger II"
"Konigs Tiger"

Kit Item 35164 3900

Kit looks pretty close to me to what scott has. - well it'll do for me! ;)
Looking forward to building along!!

;D

Thanks Jedi,

I just found the one you mentioned on Ebay and just placed a bid. Thanks again.

No Problem! Glad you found one.
Im now thinking about aftermarket bits - the tamiya PE grilles look like the ticket:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/list/35mm_img/35167m.jpg

Also I saw these replacement metal tracks which look awesome :

http://www.friulmodel.hu/

And a very nice article on using them at las vegas' ipms site:

http://www.ipmslasvegas.org/Friulmodel1.htm

I cant decide if I want to try out zimmerit or not though

I looked into that kit. The supplier said the barrel doesn't come with it and that it must be some kind of mistake. I'd ask before ordering.

As Scott said, the Eduard BIG ED set doesn't come with the metal barrel. I had my salesman physically check the set.

Maybe at one time it did have the barrel in it, as Eduard did used to make a few metal barrels, but the set no longer has the barrel in it, and Eduard isn't making barrels anymore.

In my never humble opinion, and it is my opinion; I can do without the PE and stuff. First it costs lotsa money, which can be better spent on other stuff. Then there is the fact that I like to make what I get in the kit look as good as possible, that is the challenge. And I cannot be trusted with CA. Bad things have happened in the past. . .

I agree with Mac.
Plus the rewards are greater when you scratch build something from recyclable rubbish / junk, that ends up looking just as impressive as aftermarket detailing sets.

Elm City Hobbies said:
As Scott said, the Eduard BIG ED set doesn't come with the metal barrel. I had my salesman physically check the set.

Maybe at one time it did have the barrel in it, as Eduard did used to make a few metal barrels, but the set no longer has the barrel in it, and Eduard isn't making barrels anymore.

:'( Oh well - thanks for the heads up guys I will enquire first.
However Mac and Backbreaker's thoughts have got me thinking ..... but I still want those metal tracks :D

Latest posts

Back