King Tiger group build?

I was thinking of the measles cammo, but am trying to figure out how to get all the small triangles in place.
I mean an easy way.

Oh man, do I ever want to get in on this G/B! After digging around in the piles I've come up with not only that same kit, but a set of Friully tracks (I love those things), 2 different sets of PE, an aluminum barrel, cast resin muzzel brake and mantlet, and a tube of putty to make the Zimm. I have GOT to organize this mess! The only limitation for me is time, so when does it start and end?

Yes indeed. How about it, big woolly-hatted duder? Have you an ETA (however vague) on this most desirable gig?

Patrick

Hey folks,
I will be starting the Tiger build in September. Most likely mid-September after the kids are back to school. As far as how long it will last....lol. Well lets say until Christmas just to be safe.

Thanks for the reply, sir. Great timing, too (in that nice, theoretically dead time between GB's for me.)

Best regards!

I can't wait. I ordered some tracks, figures, ammo shells, PE grills, and paint. I'm still looking for a sweet deal on a barrel. We should come up with some guidelines for a diorama, like a title or some such and then we can see all the different interpertations from all the participants.

Guidelines....hmmm. That's a tough one. I can tell you that I have the Tiger, Tamiya barn yard animals, German soldiers at rest & eating and some US troops waiting in ambush. 'The Last Supper' of sorts. I don't expect anyone to follow that. How about this.

You need to have the tank in there...duh.
A few figures and....a home made tree.

I would like to join you guys !!! the King T has always been one of my Fav. Tank of WWII

I have already built that Tamiya kit and it's Nice !!! Just don't put that Round Decal with the yellow cross ! I never found out what it
was for ! I also have a few books only on the King Tiger... with all the mods made in theatre !!!

I'll be looking for either a kit like yours.... or if you guys don't mind I would like to finish my JagdTiger which has been on the shelf for 5 years. but let me check for a King Tiger "Henschel turret" !!! first.

Later

Norm

PS: I could only get the King Tiger Porsche turret so... only my turret will be different...

AARRGGHH!
Figgers you'd put in Figgers!
Ohhhhman. . . well, in for a penny in for a pound. Better start gathering up how to paint figgers stuff now. . .

Can I get a note from my parents?

The tank alone is going to freak me out. Doing a diorama as well....SCARY SCARY RUN AWAY !!!

Patrick

Figures are cool ! But like you made it sound... it's not everybody Cup of Tea !

Well.... German Figure Lovers.... Some AsianDecals Company has come to the rescue !

They offer a wide ! very Wide selection of German army and Waffen SS Type of Camouflage Schemes...

You Cut a little piece ! stick it on the figure..... and repeat the process.... SO ! You only have to worry about
the Face ! and the Equipments if any?

I am getting some ! http://www.hlj.com/product/SSGMCD003

Look at Hobby Link Japan ! or your local hobby shop if they have those !

one sheet will last you for many figures... 6 at least !!! well worth it.... if you think painting is better... have at her.... but a Scale Waffen SS camo... ready to apply !!! Sound good to me !

Take care !

Scale Waffen SS camo... ready to apply !!! Sound good to me !
Not to sound like doom and gloom. . .get back to us after you attempt to apply them!
It isn't the cammo that I do not like, it is the faces.
HOMEMADE TREE!!!
Scott Girvan you are evil!

How Long Do we have to Build this thing ? Scott ???

I have a lot of projects going all at once.... Like many others Here !!! But I would like to
Know How long do we Stretch the build ? Do we all Build the same step and wait for others to
Catch up ? or what !

Enlighten me ! Bong on the Head !!! sknaht !

I have a lot of projects going all at once.... Like many others Here !!! But I would like to
Know How long do we Stretch the build ? Do we all Build the same step and wait for others to
Catch up ? or what !

I hope not, considering you guys appear to be building in 35th and (if I can work out this 'tree' business) I'll be working in 72nd :)

Well, doing this build all at the same time will be near impossible. I build/tape > edit > upload, then you build. I dunno. I could say " By next week I plan to have X completed" but I can't guarantee that I will reach my goal. Might end up having more time and go further along....or less - know what I'm saying.

My goals right now are:
Finish the new hobby room - some painting left
Set up some work areas
Set up the 'gear'

Then....by the last week of September...have the first video online.
In the first vid I hope to have 50% of the assembly finished. I have decided not to super detail. I am going to do an OOTB build of the tank.
I do however have additional figures and I am going to take my first stab at terrain - this will be a diorama.

So if you guys want to start now and by the end of the month have some assembly done, then you'll be right on target.

I don't want this build to take 6 months, I'd like to be able to cover more than 2 genres per year. I'm thinking helicopter after the tank.

Cool? Cool.

Latest posts

Back