King Tiger group build?

Scott Girvan said:
So if you guys want to start now and by the end of the month have some assembly done, then you'll be right on target.

I have two weeks to clear self of flu and the boards of this charmer (just dekulled) before a potentially awesome holiday wipes out the rest of September for me. Apologies in advance...catch up later?
050909001.jpg

Scott Girvan said:
I don't want this build to take 6 months, I'd like to be able to cover more than 2 genres per year. I'm thinking helicopter after the tank.

:) Clock this - inflicted on me the other day by family. This is a he-uge beast, even in 1/100 and will require 'some work'. You may be able to read the price, and I think said family was robbed....
050909001.jpg

Hokay Scott some assembly by the end of the month. . .
Time to clear the decks!!

I spent some time today looking at and for King Tiger reference.
Then I looked at the kit.
Then I looked at my building. . .
I decided I will build my Tiger with a thrown track, abandoned, near a ruin, Arnhem Sept 1944.
Not sure if the figgers will be German, Dutch, American, or British.
But realized I need to get some ground work done so I can get the Tiger to sit right.
So now I need a base. . .

Funny you mention that...Pat at work suggested I do an abandoned, bombed out KT. Not sre if I will, I have other plans bt I can't wait to see yours.

Maybe with the hatches open too?

Oh yeah, and a tree. . .gots to have a tree. . .
Looking for Dragon's kit 6199 2nd SAS regiment France 1944 to use as the Red Devils in Arnhem. . .
It is no longer listed as available at Squadron.
Couldn't resist, I chopped up the side fenders a bit this morning, mine is going to be a really well used King.
Family025.jpg

Family027.jpg

Family026.jpg

Thanks Scott!
But I got to get a base started so I can place the tiger in the debris. . . .

Woo, I see this thread has been moved. Will season 2 start any day now? Can't wait! :D :D

I got bored and built up the road wheels this evening. . .then did some turret interior. . .thought about playing with the zim but decided against it.

Started cutting parts off the sprue last night. Now just need to come up with an idea for the diorama?
Joolz.

Got started and Well... I dug myself a hole with the Zim... Stuck to finish it now.... since mine is a Porsche turret ...
Found an OLD Hunting Tiger Zim kit... from ATAK so I'll be cheating a bit... Now where did I store my Tamiya Zim applicators... ????
it has been so long since I last used them...

Picts. soon !

I gotta get motivated on the Ground Work-
the suspension has to be adapted to look like it is resting on it. . .

I found a base.
Used my 50% off coupon at Michael's and got a nice sized one for $6.
Got it sealed up and will start the ground work tonight.
*************UPDATE********************

I have the prime pieces set,I await the figgers. . . THis is what I have so far:
Family041.jpg

Family043.jpg

I think it looks okay,
Any comments or suggestions?

I don't want to burst your bubble ! :eek: but >>> why hide the Best part of the Tank in a Corner... ? (A$$) end

Maybe... just maybe !!! shuffle your design to enable viewers to see your Tank ! (Your Hard Work) from all sides ! You could make it pass in between or thru elements of your Dio ! you know !
Just trying to Help... Not trying to put you down !

I too will go thru a similar situation ! in a few weeks ! But I think I uncovered an OLD Casting Experiment of Mine which will come in Handy !

Take care buddy !

No bubble to burst, thanks for the suggestion. I will take your advice and turn the tank a bit, still at the experimental stage. . .

Absolutely! I have never tried a dio before.
This build will be a first in many ways, Tree!? Figgers!? Ground Work!?
Oh MY!
I think I will be doing more listening and asking than building.
This might remind some of a visit to the eye doctor:
Family044.jpg

I moved the tank away from the building, Number 1
Family046.jpg

Turned the tank 180 degrees. (To view the heinie!)Number 2
Family048.jpg

Added the turret, just to show position. Tree is further out and building moved closer to one edge.
Number 3

So Which is better, 1,2,3?
I like 3. The building is less the focus, and thus will receive less work. Tank is center, Turret can still be adjusted as to position. Figgers still not available. . .
I suppose I should give you my idea. . .
Arnhem September 1944, King Tiger track thrown, abandoned. British paras approach with caution. . .
All ideas, critiques, suggestions are welcome!

Cool, cool, cool. That already looks more better.It might be neat if the building was 'higher'. As if the ground jets up there, a slope, and the tank is on the slope a bit. Not alot, just a bit. Keep at it, you're doing GREAT.

BTW, I'm almost done getting my loft ready. I'm anxious to start up again, especially after seeing this!

The ground can't rise, this is Oosterbeek!
Market-Garden Arnhem 1944.
But taking your suggestion and making a pile of rubble that will cant the tiger and give it some angle.
Research has shown only one King Tiger was lost in the fighting, between two houses. . .so I am using some artistic license. I am also not going to give the Tank to the 75mm Anti-Tank crew that claimed it with over 10 hits. I am going with a King Tiger that just. . .died. Threw a track and was abandoned, just before the First Paras arrived. . .
Thanks for the support!

Latest posts

Back