Jaitea's Falcon Projects

cheers buddy for the kind words ace,i`ve just taken ya advice and had a look back at some previous builds,i did like model man tom`s wiring and build his wiring is like spagetti junction.i am lighting mine but if it`s going to be that hard i`m gonna have to take classes.... :eek: it`s amazing...once again cheers buddy...yours chris perry..aka peza

Thanks Quaralane,

I'm still working on the FM Falcon's cockpit, & scratching an interior walkway

cockpitwalk1.jpg

cockpitwalk2.jpg

cockpitwalk3.jpg

cockpitwalk4.jpg

Fitted 'headlights' to the mandibles so they are now closed in, I'll post more images today

J

Thanks Quaralane, a few updates for the FineMolds Falcon......and a setback

The Landing gear covers:
p1050289l.jpg

Just push the forward end of the cover:
p1050290r.jpg

The other side of the cover....one end of the piece has its support removed and packed out in the mid part with a low strength rubbery fridge magnet attached
p1050288bz.jpg

Parts of the bay is cut out to allow the piece to pivot out.....metal attached over gap:
p1050294l.jpg

The landing gear part (not completed).....the 'bird cages' carved out:
p1050296c.jpg

This piece requires a stronger magnet than the covers:
p1050297m.jpg

The piece in place:
p1050299g.jpg

The boarding ramp....I created a hook at it's axis:
p1050300g.jpg

The modded entrance:
p1050301m.jpg

The ramp slides in & hooks on:
p1050303u.jpg

Had to use flash to photo this one:
p1050308e.jpg

p1050310c.jpg

Now....heres' the setback.....after attaching the landing gear, I thought the legs were too high....the Falcon just didn't look right, so after checking reference photos & blueprints of the full scale ESB falcon I dropped the height....all's good.....then I discovered that the main thing that was throwing the whole landing gear thing off was that the mandibles weren't level with the rest of the ship......I'm going to have to correct this...you can clearly see that they point up:
p1050312g.jpg

p1050315e.jpg

Thanks for looking, have a good Xmas
J

Thanks Peza and the best to you, thanks Quaralane, I got them sorted (well to me they look OK)

Heres some photos of the WIP:

fixedzn.jpg

fixed2u.jpg

fixed3.jpg

fixed4.jpg

fixed5.jpg

I didn't like the FM cockpit console so I scratched a new one with help from SteveStarkiller's thread on the RPF site:
cockpit.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

And the lit corridor:
cockpit3.jpg

cockpit4.jpg

A view inside:
insideik.jpg

inside2x.jpg

The Mandible lights
mandiblelights.jpg

Thanks again for looking & have a very happy New Year
J

eh up buddy.neat work man! can ya show some more of ya cockpit and ya inner detail of ya walkway on the boarding ramp cos i`m getting up to that stage soon mym8..anything would be so helpfull ace! cheers peza

Thanks Quaralane & Peza

Peza, a couple of photos of the cockpit, still more to do on it:
walkway.jpg

walkway2c.jpg

walkway3.jpg

The landing gear doors:
gearm.jpg

gear2rt.jpg

gear3i.jpg

gear4i.jpg

gear5.jpg

The hinges on the doors are from an old busted Dell laptop keyboard:
keyboardkw.jpg

keyboard2.jpg

images

Back to magnets....I've made 2 electrical contacts with magnets for the power to the cockpit lights:
contactsp.jpg

J

Thankyou for your support guys,

I've been undoing some of the work on the FM Falcon, after seeing some fantastic work on the RPF by Avanaut:

http://www.therpf.com/f11/rehearsal-my-hopefully-perfect-1-72-millennium-172203/

I took apart the cockpit interior and am going to use Ozzy's graphics printed on acetate with rear lighting, maybe EL...dunno....so not really any images of that.

I have moved back to the MPC ship and have attached the two scratched access bays near the rear of the ship:
tankbit.jpg

bitso.jpg

After fitting these parts I realised that the lighting box I had made for the engines now wouldn't fit any more...so I had to dismantle it and make it fit.

Now with a smaller lighting box I have started making an interior for a cargo hold....(the open area which was originally designed for storing batteries on the first issue of this kit)

I'll hopefully make a cargo ramp/lift like the one in the Haynes manual:
loadingramp.jpg

loadingc.jpg

I've been able to use some parts I had discarded off this kit like the old sidewalls for the interior:
oldsidewalls.jpg

The piece doesn't look straight in this photo but its not glued in yet, to allow me to fit the lighting box:
loading3.jpg

mf7g.jpg

Thanks for looking
J

Thanks very much for the support guys,

A little work on the Landing gear area & loading bay...sorry I sprayed the detail in black.....it's a bit hard to make out

legbay.jpg

It's mostly made of a 1/72 Panzer Tank....trying to keep in theme
legbay2.jpg

The part is still removable because of the lighting box which I haven't finalised yet
loadingbay.jpg

loadingbay2.jpg

loadingbay3.jpg

Hopefully moving on to the more visible a loading platform in the next few days

Thanks for looking

John

Some images of the loading ramp, please excuse the temporary landing gear :

rampj.jpg

ramp2p.jpg

There are still bits of detail to be added:
ramp3.jpg

ramp5.jpg

ramp6.jpg

There is also to consider where this part goes (highlighted) when ramp is lowered
ramp7.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Nicely built work there Jaitea. How are you going to display your Falcon once the build is finished?

Latest posts

Back