Jaitea's Falcon Projects

Nice work Jaitea, I like that you added a little bit of a slope to the turret base. It's these little details that get missed but are needed to make an MF build whole.

Thanks Jurasikfrank, it's good to get back at it again,.....tooooo busy in work

Thanks Scratchy, the turret on the FM is a bit too right-angled, I just used filler & sanded it down

Thanks Quaralane, I'm sort of going between these two kits at the moment

Just a quick update of the interior of the jaws on the MPC:

frontdwj.jpg

The main central detail on top & bottom are the subframes of 1/144 HUMMWV (Dragon twin pack)

insideho.jpg

So hopefully I can move on to the underside, & add details

J

eh up buddy,lookin great mym8!lovin the detail in the front missile compartments!have you got any images of the circular mount for the antenna dish,there are some details on it that i aint done yet?cheers peza....top job so far ace :)

Hey peza,

Here's what I've got of the 5foot Falcon dish, it protrudes from a hole in the hull:
mfdish.jpg

falcon10jpg.jpg

screenshot20120306at005.png

.....and here's what I've got of the 32" Falcon, where the dish base is surface mounted:
falconradar02.jpg

falconradar03.jpg

falconradar04.jpg

falconradar05.jpg

screenshot20120915at210.png

Hope this helps,
J

eh up j,yeah thats just the ticket mym8.it`s the 32" dish version im after.cheers buddy....peza

Glad to help peza, anything else gimme a shout

Some images of where I'm at:
re1k.jpg

re2vu.jpg

re3m.jpg

re4y.jpg

The cockpit cone & walkway are temporary attached

J

Thanks Q,

Its moving along nicely

A close-up on the Dish base & platform etc

I reduced the diameter of the base:
dishbase.jpg

undersidep.jpg

The gap in the hull needed reduced also, some false panels were placed:
newgap.jpg

I had to create a new platform for the dish to sit on:
turntablet.jpg

That's all tonight
J

Ok doing a bit on the underside:

newinnards.jpg

How it looks from the outside:
flipsidec.jpg

close1.jpg

close2y.jpg

& with the rest of the ship:
pieced.jpg

Thanks for looking
J

Hope these things are still a labor of love for you.
I'm definitely liking the results so far

Thanks John & Quaralane,

Yes I'm still loving this build, but I had a little accident and dropped a part, the cockpit tube (which is quite heavy due to parts of it being made of PVC), which was only tacked on with superglue, fell off...falling only about less than 2 foot and smashed the cockpit frame.

I repaired it, but looking at posted photos, it doesn't look the way it did, gonna have to fix it

newshot.jpg

Got Radar Dish bracket made
newpic2b.jpg

newpic3.jpg

newpic4.jpg

newpic7.jpg

newpic6.jpg

Finished off some pipework near the turret
newpic8.jpg

compyc.jpg

Thanks for looking
J

eh up buddy,lookin good there mym8,i can only keep lookin at yours and scratchy`s builds and wish mine was moving forward with such pace!.......keep up the good work mym8!!cheers peza

Gotta say thanks for the really great comments guys, it has been a long build(s) but really this site has kept me going.

Scratchy, thanks for the new dish(s) (I also bought another for my 2nd FineMolds 1/72 Falcon)

It is a necessity after doing the mandible/jawbox mod....It matches perfectly the dimensions of the modded jaw, cockpit & docking rings:

fmnew2.jpg

fmnew3.jpg

fmnew4.jpg

Top View:
fmnew1.jpg

I'm back on the MPC again & I think I've made improvements to the Cockpit cone

Thanks again for the support guys
J

I've been working on the FM Falcon's Cockpit, it's still a bit rough, here's a lighting test:
cockpitlights.jpg

Some photos of the MPC & FM Falcon:
2ofthemf.jpg

2oftheme.jpg

2ofthemd.jpg

the2a.jpg

MPC new cockpit frame (hopefully no more accidents)
cockptframes.jpg

New Turret frame....gonna scratch a gunner station based on the FM one:
newdiskframe2.jpg

Thats it so far, thanks for looking

J

eh up buddy,ya kits ya lookin well smart mym8,i love ya mods on the old mpc kit,i had one years back and i remember the back decks were very poor in detail.and as i expect you have done a cracking job!top marks...
it`s you and scratchy that have kept me movin on my build,evan if it`s been slow it`s still slightly going forward and not shelved which is where it could of ended up for abit but i would of been tit`sed off with myself.....thanks for the insperation.(not to good at spelling).cheers peza :eek:

Thanks peza, we inspire each other, I'm modifying kits......you are going the next stage....total scratch build....now that inspires!

Yeah, it really was the fantastic builds here that pushed me to by the MPC kit....if you look back at page one of this thread, I was doing something completely different.

J

Latest posts

Back