Jaitea's Falcon Projects

eh up buddy,have you been eatin those mushrooms in your garden again ;D
this looks mint to me mym8.....i have'nt eaten my daily quoter today?this is top work mym8
i`ll be askin your about ya colour sceme soon enough....dont beat yaself up...that is a piece of art
keep up the good work tayta....1 good fan...peza

Thanks very much for the input guys, I think its the painting part of model building that I like the least, I'm not confident in it

A comment i got on SSM was that I should be careful when using the 5foot studio model as reference for painting,.....5 foot details scaled down onto my scale might make mine look too busy or messy,....so I'll take that into consideration

I really should get cracking on with the build,....but I'm hung up on the painting bit

J

I redid some of the panels.....fixed blurry edges etc

Fix12resize.jpg
Fix2resize.jpg
Fix9resize.jpg
Fix3resize.jpg

...and while I had the airbrush out I did a wee bit of work to this one:

1443resize.jpg
1444resize.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Hey Jaitea,

Great build, you really show ingenuity and some great problem solving. I am glade you have so many pics to share as well. As they say a "picture is worth a thousand words," very helpful to study them.

I have a long way to go on my build just begin to cut it and sand it, so much preliminary work to do before I can get to the fun parts of gribbles and all that.

I noticed that you haven't used a "cylinder," between the gun well like John Martin did (starship modeler article), just curious as to why?

Have a good one.

Sorry Constentine, I was supposed to get back to you about your MPC,....I'd mentioned to you about my plans for a future modification,....I dont know if you'd seen my early stages of my Ralph McQuarrie Millennium Falcon (V2),....basically I was working off a totally flat base,....a cut-out of the shape of the Falcon,.....then building the curved saucer on top of that,.....well I sort of got distracted and I went off on other builds,.....but when I looked back on this project I thought this particular way could attempt correcting the one big flaw in the MPC kit,....which is the low curvature of the saucer

....My link to the RMcQ thread...
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,10191.msg163568.html#msg163568
NewCard3.jpg
Mandibles2.jpg

This would mean scrapping the mandibles on the MPC (which are too long & the access pits are too big anyway), cutting the Docking walkways to allow more adjustment to the curvature,.....placing a cylinder in the centre of the ship, as you mentioned will also help keep the turret & walkways at a nice proud height

IMG_1440.jpg
IMG_1441.jpg

Thoughts?

John

Wow that is really neat! I like it. Yes I am familiar with the Ralph McQuarrie Millennium Falcon, and I can definitely see it in your work there. Nice approach and method there.
I have been cutting away and sanding mine and I thought it might have been a bit easier just to start from scratch. :) But when your just starting to venture into drastic changes to a kit like the MPC MF it nice to have some of the familiarities as an anchor.

I will enjoy watching your build. In time I will post some pics of mine, when I have more to show than a cut up falcon.

Thanks

....OK......after a break,....while I had the airbrush out,....I resprayed some of those areas that annoyed me the last time,......much happier now

I honestly think this was the reason I moved on to other projects,....paint......but I will see this baby finished

IMG_1955.jpg
IMG_1956.jpg
IMG_1957.jpg
IMG_1958.jpg
IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1961.jpg
IMG_1962.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Thankyou SenorJacob,....I'm interested in this build again,....I want to get her finished before Bandai bring out an Ep 7 Falcon :D

I'd never finish it then

Thanks Q for your support,....good times

Thanks for looking (down here in the cellar)
John

Just like to thank everyone for their support during the building of this model,....even though I never completed it

I sold it (like my RMQ Falcon) to a RPF member who says he will do the finishing touches

Thanks again guys

J

Latest posts

Back