Jaitea's Falcon Projects

Thanks Q for the encouragement

On a bit......

lines drawn on & decals added, now on to some weathering, starting off light,.....don't want to go too dark

Frontend.jpg
damage.jpg
morepanels.jpg
SomeStreaks.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Some more photos...cockpit still pretty much untouched

I dropped the radar dish & haven't repaired it yet.....The Falcon looks like Lando has taken it for a trench run

Smokey.jpg
Fronton.jpg
Mandibles.jpg
Rear2.jpg
Deck.jpg
LandosStory2.jpg
LandosStory.jpg
Jaw.jpg
Floor.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Thanks Jurasikfrank.....its just the shock of colour,......been used to this just being grey
I've mentioned tonnes of times how worried I've been about painting this, I know only too well how easy it is to ruin a model

Thanks Q, I'm on full steam ahead, want to get as much as I can done before BSC, and it looks like I'm in for an even more busier period than last year in my work from march right up to the summer.

OK, I did a little work to the 'Koolshade' effect on the side of the cockpit using the original idea I'd had way back at the start of the thread:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,4312.msg85654.html#msg85654

koolshade.jpg

......but as soon as I had finished & painted I got a parcel in the post from Haystack Hair, it was his PE set with a metal version of the grill:

PEset.jpg

I think I'll rip my material one off and attach his,.....here's mine as it is:

Cockpitwire2.jpg
Cockpitwire.jpg

I painted the underside.....mmmm....nice 'n clean

Belly.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Man this is looking so cool. Did you end up using that PE grill? Yours looked good...

Sorry I'm just replying to this Scott,...yes I decided to give the PE a shot, I think it looks a lot better:

Newgrille.jpg

I also removed the moulded details from the dish and replaced with the PE, (got to test Grendels PE methods):
PEDish.jpg
Coated with primer:
NewDish.jpg

I made a Turret well with foamex, it turned out OK, I might re-do it although it is hard enough to see when in position in the Falcon

turretinside.jpg
Turretinnards.jpg

I like working with foamex, I'll have another crack at the Turret Well, then have a go at making the Cockpit with it

Thanks for looking
John

eh up dude!!sweet love the update i`m gonna put the gunner`s positions in also but will have trouble with the bottom one due to the interior of the boardin ramp bein in the way,i`ll face that problem once i get to it!!
top job on yours ace!!cheers peza :eek:

Looking sick man. Beautiful work.

Do you know if that PE set that includes the grill and dish stuff is still available?

Thanks Q

Thanks peza, the gunner wells are still a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy the way they turned out.....the foamex is pretty easy to work with & as I said in my last post, I'll hopefully use it to mke the cockpit interior

Thanks Scott,....I contacted Haystack Hair from The Replica Prop Forum and he says he's got one PE set left, and he's gonna get another batch done, he's easily contacted by PM on RPF:

His thread where he first revealed his PE set:
http://www.therpf.com/f11/mpc-millennium-falcon-conversion-188041/index6.html#post3120874

John

Well after a break dabling in other wee projects, I decided to teturn to this one

I wasn't happy with the red areas (apart from one) so I restarted them; masking, spraying them with the body colour, applying latex for the chipping, then respraying with the red

I had to do it a couple of times because I still wasnt happy with the way it turned out,.....and to tell you the truth I still think its not the way I want it

I accidentally removed some decals whilst masking, so some will have to be replaced:

landinggear.jpg
Rusty.jpg
lostdecals.jpg
Front.jpg
Starboard.jpg
Rusty2.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Thanks very much for the support guys

......Well......not a lot of progress.....toned down the reds,....but I'm still not happy,.....

In the flesh, to tell you the honest truth, it really doesnt look that bad to me, but when I photographed it last night, it looks a mess,.....I was contemplating not posting these images,.....this ones the worst:

NewRust6resize.jpg
NewRust5resize.jpg
NewRust4resize.jpg
NewRust3resize.jpg
NewRust2resize.jpg
NewRustresize.jpg

...see

Thanks for the support guys
John

Dude. It's amazing and I love it. If mine looks half as good I will be thrilled. (Actually I'm a perfectionist like you so maybe I'll be sweating it as much as you are now. :)

Latest posts

Back