Jaitea's Falcon Projects

Here's more updates

The Fine Molds Engine Deck beside my (uncompleted) MPC Deck
mpcvfm.jpg

Comparing details of Jawbox
mpcfmdetails.jpg

Modified Dish....its diameter matches dimensions of Jawbox
radar1ff.jpg

Still more detail to add to Dish support legs, but you can see I've shortened the Cylinder base it sits on and added variants to its diameter.
radar3.jpg

The dish out of its socket to reveal the details
radar4.jpg

I've added a relief & notches around the diameter of the Turret, still to add details around the wall
turretm.jpg

J

Wow each update just gets better and better!! They look so nice primered up its almost a shame to put paint on them.

Hi guys, thanks for the support, some more work done

closeupyefu.jpg

The back of the dish:
dishback.jpg

Front angle:
frontviewsg.jpg

More work done on the engine deck:
deckc.jpg

Top View:
topviewbn.jpg

The Turret walls:
turretwalls.jpg

J

Thanks for the comments guys, some more small details added to engine deck:
63514990.jpg

I know I said I was going to leave the cockpit tube to later on in the project....but it was eating away at me
40116170.jpg

My plan is to lift the current walkway to increase the size of its diameter
35259394.jpg

The outer cockpit tube would need scratchbuilt to fit the enlarged walkway tube
73293412.jpg

J

Great work so far, really awesome work.

Glad to see your going for a larger Cockpit and Cockpit tube.

Just a small suggestion, but you may want to purge the entire area and scratch build the tube/Cockpit.
It still may be too small in relation to the rest of the ship...of course Ive noticed that you are also building the Fine Molds Falcon??
If you are using that as a guide, you will be off some..Of course it also depends on which Falcon your doing..the Original 5' Miniature or the 32" Empire, which as I am sure you know, is what the Fine molds kit is based on.

Again really great job!

Thanks guys, I really can't stop working on this baby,

BEATLEPAUL, I want to increase the cockpit tube to about 45mm which is the size that I've made the narrow end of the jawbox.

I'll post some more photos tonight as I made some progress last night.

I'm really stumped on how to make the 'Koolshade' effect. As I commented on your fantastic build, the Koolshade really sells it.

I'm trying to replicate the style of the 5 foot Star Wars (ANH) Falcon....I'm not going to add any ESB modifications (Headlights, new landing gear bays, etc)....just keep her in the style of the ship I saw in '77.

Thanks for the inspiration guys

J

Jaitea said:
Thanks guys, I really can't stop working on this baby,

BEATLEPAUL, I want to increase the cockpit tube to about 45mm which is the size that I've made the narrow end of the jawbox.

I'll post some more photos tonight as I made some progress last night.

I'm really stumped on how to make the 'Koolshade' effect. As I commented on your fantastic build, the Koolshade really sells it.

I'm trying to replicate the style of the 5 foot Star Wars (ANH) Falcon....I'm not going to add any ESB modifications (Headlights, new landing gear bays, etc)....just keep her in the style of the ship I saw in '77.

Thanks for the inspiration guys

J

Sounds great! I can't wait to see your pics..Hopefully you know I was just making a suggestion..so you can avoid the same mistakes I made!LOL!

Yes indeed the Kool shade on the side is really kool to do! There's a LOT more detail on and around the 5' Cockpit as opposed as the 32" Cockpit..really neat stuff..hopefully I have pulled it off!

Heres some progress pics, although i've since taken the tube apart again, because its angle wasn't right.....but these are pics from Friday:

The new cockpit tube is now 45mm diameter.... the same as the front of the jaw box
newtube.jpg

I used a tube from a stationary tidy, I bought 2 of them and Im going to use this second one to enlarge the docking rings, which should match the diameter of the cockpit & jaw box
pentubes.jpg

Before priming
tubewithpentubes.jpg

Primed...just to see any blemishes
primed.jpg

Front shot
frontshotv.jpg

And here's when I noticed the wrong angle...which I have to correct
topviewa.jpg

J

Latest posts

Back