enginedetails.jpg

...and a bit closer
enginecloseup.jpg

I added some more details to the walkway
newwalkwaydetails.jpg

J

Impressive, most impressive...
:eek:
I really like the fact that you're not making any compromisses. The way you're just going at it, tearing everything down, scratch building major sections, that's a real eye opener for me: almost anything can be done.
Keep posting, I'm a fan!
Cheers

Thanks very much for the support guys!

Jurasikfrank, thanks for the comment, My concept of this build is to try and make a version of the Falcon based on the 5 foot ANH model....only make it with the same artistic licence ILM used in making the 32" for ESB.

I have made compromises only to go back and un-do them, (it would always bug me to know it's there...don't think I've got OCD though)

I also want to superdetail the ship especially in areas where ILM knew it didn't matter.

J

Some more progress:

I added some more details to the inside of the thruster plates.....ILM didn't need to detail this area as it would never be seen
reardetails.jpg

The wall details:
walldetails.jpg

walldetails2.jpg

J

Thanks Guys,
The sidewalls are a mixture of card, kit bash and scrap electronic parts
J

Thanks Quaralane,

Some more bits:
pipes1j.jpg

& held in place:
pipesm.jpg

Thats all so far, maybe going to move on to the mandibles now

J

Thanks John....don't know about that, ha.

As I said before the thing I'm dreading is painting, I remember I was never happy with the 2 MPC kits I had in the past.

I'm not too sure about pre-shading, are there any tutorials on either the FM or the MPC?

J

Jaitea said:
I'm not too sure about pre-shading, are there any tutorials on either the FM or the MPC?

J

There's an interesting build log by "thepaintingclinic", it's the 1/144 FM version though. If I remember correctly he did some minor pre-shading for his Falcon. Here's one of the 21 log's link:
Fine Molds 1/144th Millennium Falcon Build Log Part 13

And, if you are fluent in Japanese, ther's this one too:
Fine Molds Millennium Falcon Tutorial 2/4 S2 ep19
Pre-shading is at the very end.

Cheers

Thanks guys, these vids were very useful, still not 100% sure I'd have the skill though

J

I didnt preshade my AMT Falcon and had great results.

I inspired myself with a very interesting weathering tutorial series. Basically, it's a multi layered weathering technique using oils which results in a very realistic look; each step of the weathering collects a bit of paint in the recessed areas. You can also use the oils to create artificial shadows where needed.
Check it out:
Discoloration Tutorial Part 1 for Millenium Falcon Weathering

If ever you want to go that route, my only added recommandation would be to seal the kit with Future or your favorite type of sealer.
Cheers Jeita!

Latest posts

Back