Jaitea's Falcon Projects

Thanks very much guys, modifying the lower jaw tonight.

The past few days I've been making the centre window for the MPC's cockpit. I made 3 attempts and I think I'll settle on this one

newframe.jpg

newframe2.jpg

newframe3.jpg

J

Thanks for the support Scott & Quaralane,

The next 'big' step with the MPC Falcon will be the docking rings, I'll likely make them the same way I made the new cockpit cone....wrapping thin card. The other thing will be reducing the diameter of the circular openings on the mandibles.

I've finished re-sizing the bottom jaw for the FineMolds Falcon, and I'll post some photos tonight.

J

Ok photos of narrowed jawbox.....not sure about their height and gap between
jawsattatched.jpg

I test fitted the mandibles and glued a bridge between them so they are a unit:
thefangs.jpg

Shot of inside hulls and the filler used to span the gaps:
filler.jpg

The 'Fangs' in place
fangsfitted.jpg

There are some things that need broke and re-set (Lower jaw is not square) and as I mentioned I think the Jaws may me still too thick

J

Thank you guys, Hopefully I'll get the angles sorted tonight & I'll post the photos

Um......well.....I got paid today....and I went into Belfast at lunch time hoping to get either a Tamiya or Academy 1/48 Spitfire....I went into a relatively new model shop which sells a lot of 2nd hand kits....which is good, he has a lot of original Sci-fi stuff, the boxes can be a little dog-eared, but who cares as long as the kits are ok......

He was selling a FineMolds Millennium Falcon 1/72.......he said that the previous collector was a bit nervous about making it.....he held on to it for quite a few years....I bought it for £100 ($156), I know these kits are usually selling for £150+ (& postage) in the UK

So now my possession of Falcon kits are : 2 FineMolds 1/72
2 Revell Easykits 1/83
1 Revell Easykit 1/283
1 MPC/ Ertl 1/66

The original pitch to my wife when I got my first FM Falcon was to sell it when it was completed.....but as I've built it I'd rather keep it....so I don't know now.....maybe finish the first one.....sell it, then replicate everything for the new one & keep that one?....dunno

J

I've attached the mandibles and straightened the lower jaw

newangler.jpg

I think the top jaw needs an adjustment now

newangle2.jpg

On the MPC I tried placing the lower jaw but I couldn't get it to sit right, I think I'm going to have to wait until the mandibles are attached

mpcql.jpg

J

Comparison of the modified jawbox & mandible toe-in (Left) and the out of the box FineMolds hull (Right)

comparison2p.jpg

J

Thanks Quaralane & MJ,

Going back to the MPC again, I am reducing the diameter of the circular openings on the mandibles, I got a bit carried away and forgot to photograph the WIP, just remembered on the last one

mandible.jpg

I'll post more images tonight

J

I've blended in the new circular openings, now need to detail them, i'm glad to get that modification over, I really didn't know how I was going to make them, but I think just cutting out the area and inserting smaller holes did the job.

newcircles.jpg

newcircles2.jpg

and underside

otherside.jpg

J

Yeah Quaralane, I keep thinking that I'd leave some parts as they where, but then it eats away at me and I give in and adjust, ha!

This is where I'm at with the MPC, all parts just slotted in or taped on just for the photo

topdryfit.jpg

frontoni.jpg

sidee.jpg

I'm working on the mandibles at the minute, starting with the underside, still lots of pipe-work to do on this one
understarboardmandible2.jpg

understarboardmandible.jpg

J

Latest posts

Back