Jaitea's Falcon Projects

Thanks for the encouragement guys....I was shaking a bit cutting those mandibles off, but I think I'll be able to make a repair job.

Quick side-note, Michael Biehn from Terminator, Aliens & The Abyss was in Belfast yesterday:

michaelyg.jpg

I took this photo as a ray of sunlight shone on him from an upper window in Belfast's W5 exhibition centre.
He quickly moved after this stating that he wasn't a vampire....the sunlight was a bit uncomfortable.

Back on subject!

The Mandibles removed:

cutc.jpg

The top jaw box shortened, widened and new details added:

jawbox.jpg

The port-side mandible placed in, now with blank sidewalls:

frontzd.jpg

As you can see, the circular openings on the mandibles will now need relocating, and reduced in diameter:

mandible.jpg

toppak.jpg

J

Thanks guys....can't stop working on this one!

Added some details to the top jawbox:

upperbox.jpg

The 1/144 Panthers should be coming today or tomorrow

J

Excellent work!
I especially love your YT-1350 design!!!!
I have an MPC Falcon I got off Ebay, that I am going to make a custom ship out of....However, not quite sure how I am going to modify it yet.
;)

Thanks for the comments guys!

The tanks came!

tanksu.jpg

cutouts.jpg

Detail starting to build up:
enginedetail.jpg

Other parts of the tank are useful too!
pantherv.jpg

J

Wicked!! I never thought about using the top of the tank, it works perfect. Fans look great to!

Sorry, meant to say thanks to Merseajohn!

astroboy: some pieces are parts I've gathered up over the years, but I have bought 3 1/72 Panther tanks for the project, lots of similar details used on the 5foot Falcon & as I mentioned I bought a pack of 3 1/144 Jadg Panthers off ebay....these were pre-built & painted.....search for "TAKARA WTM02,1:144" and you'll find them.

If you want to get an idea where ILM sourced their kit parts from, The Replica Prop Forum has a thread going there where parts are identified:
http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f10/large-scale-millennium-falcon-kit-ids-new-maps-start-thread-104116/

Oh and I have also used electronic parts off my sons scrapped PS3.....so its really a Star Wars Blu-ray project!

J

Latest posts

Back