Jaitea's Falcon Projects

Hi guys,

Not a looking a lot different....but I've actually stepped back & redone parts....the docking rings are going to be re-detailed etc....I don't move on until I'm 100% happy

91739931.jpg

J

I really like the conversion - especially up front. Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but is that from one of the books or something, or did you come up with it yourself? If so quite creative, but either way really nicely executed!

Yeah I love the simplicity of it (not that it was simple to do!), and that cockpit canopy is great.

how come I missed this one?

just been through the whole thread. great idea, great execution. I too like the way you extended the cockpit, it fits the overall shape of the ship more so than the stubby nose of the Millennium falcon.

nice work!

ozzy

Thanks guys,

I have 2 of these Revell kits, the other I started before this one & is gonna have lower sidewalls etc, but with this one I wanted to show what the mandibles were used for.

That idea changed and I ended up making the ship follow the lines of the Star Destroyer design, the cockpit style is borrowed from one in the haynes book.

Next to do will be the underside, I think I'll add the 2 landing bays like the ESB Falcon. Then to make maybe different lasers to the turrets.

Painting is scaring me....thinking of making her quite clean.....well cleaner than the Falcon....pale grey with red markings....perhaps Republic markings?

Any ideas?

J

The grey and red idea reminds me of my own build.
Republic markings could be interesting

Thanks for the suggestions guys...definatly going to paint this one like the Rebel Blockade Runner but with Republic markings

Detailing on portside nearly finished
p1000846b.jpg

I scrapped the nose of this one (mainly because it looked twisted) it now has an opening (headlight?)

p1000844b.jpg

With all this MPC work going on here I've started working on mine also

p1000845bb.jpg

p1000840b.jpg

I've removed most of the details off the engine deck and am waiting for 3 1/144 panther tanks to come in the post from China

p1000841b.jpg

I've thinned the height of the panelling and cut out the notches

p1000842bv.jpg

Thinned all panelling in open areas also

p1000843b.jpg

p1000849b.jpg

p1000850b.jpg

I've scaled down and lifted the Jawbox slightly (wrecked some detail which I'm gonna have to recreate)

p1000848b.jpg

And heres the poor neglected Revell that I started over 5 years ago

p1000847b.jpg

J

I'm still not happy with the Jawbox on the MPC kit, I scaled the kit with the drawings in the Hayne workshop book and the Jawbox and Mandibles are too long. To back this up I found top views of the 5ft model.

This morning I found overlaid images of the MPC kit and the 5ft model on one of Ozzy's threads in the Replica Prop Forum:

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f11/rebuilding-amt-mpc-millennium-falcon-again-131375/index3.html#post2057316

01RodmartstopviewvsAMT.jpg

02Extendsabitlonger.jpg

03Overlay.jpg

I cut off the mandibles last night....i think it'll be worth the effort

J

Latest posts

Back