Heres some more updates:

Used the top (Turret cannon) of the panther as mentioned a few posts back
newtankpart.jpg

This is it set in to see how it looks....all pipe-work removed
newtankpartinplace.jpg

& again birds eye view
newtopview.jpg

J

I will say this, you have convinced me to tackle that rear deck. Yours is looking very nice!

Ha ha cheers mate, I wouldnt dare touch this piece of art! I'm sure it will look fantastic when you paint it ;D

That rear deck looks sweet!

When I'm done my fine molds falcon, I'm TOTALLY gonna start gathering stuff for a MPC falcon...

This is inspirational!

Thanks very much guys!, It is this group build and all the talent here that has inspired me.

I'm using rod that I got from my local Model Shop to do my pipe-work, its coated in a thin layer of plastic which can be easily removed. I leave parts on to add detail.
tankpartpipes.jpg

I'm using it here for those 'actuator' things on the thruster plates
actuators.jpg

J

Thanks Quaralane,

Haven't done a lot since last post....been busy @ work, but I took some pictures this morning

Decided to add some detail to the opening where the dish sits.....new pipes & damage to the hull:
dishsupportdetailpsd.jpg

...and another image:
dishsupportdetail2.jpg

Top View:
topviewmarch.jpg

J

You're dong an amazing job with this build. Your attention to detail is out of this world. I'm learning a lot from watching this thread!

Thanks for sharing.

Jaitea, what kind of kits are you bashing for this? Other than the 1:144 panther what other specific kit should we look out for?

I was thinking of picking up small scaled military kits of trucks and tanks (100, 72, 144 scale).

Thanks very much guys....I've got to say that if it wasn't for this group build, I wouldn't have even considered buying the MPC kit,.....so much good stuff going on here!

Weezer, I bought a few 1/72 panther & tiger kits and am using their pieces for the majority of the customising.

I also have loads of spares from years of model building, & electronic scraps....anything interesting looking

J

Latest posts

Back