IRON CLAD a.k.a. Iron Man !

Okay....
Well, I've done quite a bit of painting today, with not a lot (apparently) to show for it.
I am using a lot of Tamiya acrylics, and they can be a bit fussy to work with at times, especially the copper. You have to be careful when applying the paint that your brush strokes don't pull up the paint you have already laid down. The darker brown metallic is Bronze, and I didn't have much trouble with it. Then I applied some "Pig Iron" from P3, and then some model master graphite metallic, then some Tamiya gunmetal... and then copper, but I am done for today.
:)

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

Thanx Q. :)
I just wish some of the paints weren't giving me trouble.
And with all the detail this thing now has, it's turning out to be quite the Endeavour.

Thanx John,
I did more painting on him today!
Still having issues with the orange copper from Tamiya. I have to do a very super fast coat, and be very careful not to do another stroke over it. Then after it dries, I can apply more paint without trouble. But still it's frustrating, especially with all the details I applied to it, and now have to paint around. :)
;D

Yup, aside from the base coat of black primer he is getting the Hand-brushed treatment.
I thought it would make him look more chunky, and less precision machined.
I am thinking the armor was built in the 1890s, and this if the first suit, so things would be improved upon in later designs. TESLA had a very strong hand in the design of the electro-steam components. :)
;) ;D

Thanx Guys!!!
I made some more progress this weekend, and I will post some new pix this evening.
The "Forging" continues!
;D

Here are the pix I promised!
There is Bronze, Copper, Dark Copper, Warn Penny, Gun-metal, Anthracite Grey metallic, Pig Iron....
What do ya'all think?
I can't believe how much more I have to go.... Don't know if I'll make it. My job is killing me. :/

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-1.jpg

This is wicked buddy it just gets better & better, love the colours, this build is so original, great stuff.
Sounds like you need to give up work and focus on the important things in life ;D Big Spring Contest ;D LOL

If we could only do that, right? :D
Keep goin, nearly there.

You got 9 days buddy, no problem 8)

Gag

Glorfindel said:
That looks so cool. "Iron franken-Man".

Thank you, Sir! I really had fun greebling him together. Some of it worked and some did not. :) This is the most work I have EVER put into ANY model kit build!!!!
Work is killing me, and with 9 days left, I am not sure I can finish

The Nylon Gag said:
This is wicked buddy it just gets better & better, love the colours, this build is so original, great stuff.
Sounds like you need to give up work and focus on the important things in life ;D Big Spring Contest ;D LOL

If we could only do that, right? :D
Keep goin, nearly there.

You got 9 days buddy, no problem 8)

Gag

WOW, Gag, coming from you this is quite the compliment. ;D
Oh man, I wish I could quit my job, and do this sort of thing all the time. This has been a very fun build. And as I am sure you can relate, while I am working on it, elements of
a back story/reality for your creation.... I am thinking The "Iron Clad" suit of armor was a secret project of Tesla. :)
9 days?!?!?!?! Don't know if it will be enough time!

Mike he's looking mean-as! Nice job dude. Great choice of colours and it all looks to flow very well. I like!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back