IRON CLAD a.k.a. Iron Man !

Fantastic work Mike! All your hard work on this guy has been worth it! It really shows.

I don't know if you've got a photo booth, or some plan for taking your pix. If not, It looks really good against the white background in your 2nd pic there. Perhaps if you get some white paper, or card and place around Iron Clad, you could have a 'makeshift' photo booth. Just helps bring forward the model and show it off really well.

That's what I'm doing for the Stormbird. I've got some large sheets of black card.

:eek: This thing looks AWESOME buddy

Are you gunna leave him fairly clean or realy dirty him up, i think both options would look wicked.

Top job young man, have a gold star ;D

Gag

Igard said:
Fantastic work Mike! All your hard work on this guy has been worth it! It really shows.

I don't know if you've got a photo booth, or some plan for taking your pix. If not, It looks really good against the white background in your 2nd pic there. Perhaps if you get some white paper, or card and place around Iron Clad, you could have a 'makeshift' photo booth. Just helps bring forward the model and show it off really well.

That's what I'm doing for the Stormbird. I've got some large sheets of black card.

Thank you!
Yeah, I am thinking of getting some white cloth or something for a background. Maybe my Wife will help me. She's pretty good with a shootin' iron...er, I mean a camera. lol
:)

Solander said:
Outstanding!
Man, how I like those welding joints! Great work!
Thanx Sol!
I was hoping you'd notice them. I thought of you while I was making them, and then painting them last night. I did a coat of Tamiya Gunmetal, and then touched some of the raised areas with Testors Acryl, "Armored Steel" I think they turned out okay. They are kinda chunky, BUT that was what I was hoping for. After all the armor was constructed in the 1890s-1900, and made by men, not machines. So he's a little rough.
:D

The Nylon Gag said:
:eek: This thing looks AWESOME buddy

Are you gunna leave him fairly clean or realy dirty him up, i think both options would look wicked.

Top job young man, have a gold star ;D

Gag
Thank you Gag! Compliments from you on the subject of greebling and scratch-building are greatly appreciated!!!!
As far as dirtying him up..... The scenario in my mind about him on his base goes a little something like this....
This is his first appearance on the World stage. An alien or mechanical menace has just laid waste to one of Tesla's Power stations, and IRON CLAD has emerged to stop this fiend!!!
So the base is really dirty, and used, but I am thinking making him a little dirty would be nice, and realistic. :)

Quaralane said:
Freaking gorgeous work on this

Thank you Q!!!!
Just wish I had some graphite dust. lol ;)
Just kidding for this build, BUT I need to get me a can for something in the future....Maybe a ZOID!
;D

This looks ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC! GREAT job! I love the steampunk theme, color choices, everything!

Underlord said:
This looks ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC! GREAT job! I love the steampunk theme, color choices, everything!
Thank you!!!
Some of the time when I finish with a project, I end up being disappointed. I don't think that will happen with this one. I am really liking how he looks. I did some wash on him (very minor). All I need to do now, is install an LED in the base, wire him up, give him a once over, and......gasp.....he may be D O N E !!!!
I am holding my breath. I have been suffering from some anxiety, since he's so close to being done, I have imagined him being knocked onto the floor by the kittehs, or suffering some other catastrophe. Let's hope THAT doesn't happen. 8)

HE'S ALL WIRED AND FINISHED!!!!!!!
I am going to try and take some good pix and submit them for the final.
Kinda nervous

Here's a quick little low quality video of the build with lights a'blazin'.
Too bad I don't have a real video camera.
This was taken with a little HP digital camera

IRON CLAD Video

Excellent build Mike! You sure did capture the steam punk look. All the heavy armour, rivets and welds, holding back all that pressure. The lighting turned out great! Lots and lots of creativity and superb execution. Congrats on an awesome build Mike!! ;)

Latest posts

Back