IRON CLAD a.k.a. Iron Man circa 1899

Junkie

Category: Sci-fi

Name of Build: IRON CLAD a.k.a. Iron Man circa 1899

Kit manufacturer: Moebius w/parts from a Pegasus kit

Scale: 1/8th?

Description
The main body is pretty much the straight Iron Man kit from Moebius. However I did modify the arms and hand positioning. Added 2 yellow LEDs, 3 Flicker Yellow LEDS, and 2 RGB Flasher LEDS. This was my first build with extensive wiring. At times quite a challenge, but fun as well. I incorporated parts from a Pegasus "Chemical Plant" kit, and various hand made parts from stock styrene rods, and sheet. I added a lot more detail to the base than it comes with. I really had no detailed build plan other than the general theme, and I wanted to light it. So, some of the build was slow, as I experimented with misc. concepts and parts. Trial and error, and sometimes it worked out and sometimes it didn't. :)
A primer coat of black rattle can wa applied, and then all the subsequent colors were brushed on using a variety of acrylics, and enamels from Tamiya, and Testors, and "Liquid Leaf" purchased at Michael's crafts.
This was the most involved model project I have ever built. I have never spent so much time on any one model. I am rather pleased with the final outcome. I hope you like it as well. :)

Final Images
1-5.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

Composite-2.jpg

Composite-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back