IRON CLAD a.k.a. Iron Man !

Very Steampunky, I dig it! Super job on this MIke.

Looks fantastic! Great work here Mike. I still haven't seen Prometheus yet, so I'm basically diving for cover whenever someone brings it up!

Thanx guys!
I saw Prometheus, and I was under-whelmed. I think I need to see it again.
I think I may have entered the theater with too many expectations. I love Ridley Scott as a director, but the movie inspired a LOT of questions.

Thanx Q.
I started painting on the base last night, laid down a Graphite Metallic (Dry-Brush), Pig Iron(Dry Brush), and then some bronze, which I painted on and did some dry-brushing, but the dry-brushing with the Bronze didn't work so well because it's kind of glossy, even though it's Tamiya Acrylic. I am still going to add more and more layers. The trick will be getting good photos that show the subtleties.

Hey Guys,
I have just finished putting a lot of paint on the base, including two different shades of Copper, Titanium Gold, Gunmetal, Brass, Metallic Blue, Chrome silver...
Now these pix don't really show the subtleties, but still looks good. I see some stuff I want to fix, and I will be doing filters/washes, and maybe some dirtying up with Oils.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg
So...I hope you guys are enjoying this. I am. I had a good time painting and listening to UFO documentaries on Youtube. ;)

Thanx Q!!!!
I just laid down some Citadel Nuln Oil as a wash.I didn't apply it to the entire base, but it's looking good....and aged.
;)

Thanx John,
Work has ground almost to a complete stop this week, aside from the little bit of painting I have done. :(
I am hoping to make a lot of progress this weekend.

You KNOW I love that ship, whether it's Klingon or Romulan.
And even though I just built one last Summer, I'd like to do another, soon. :)

I'll look forward to that.

Try and grab one of the Revell kits, they're very good. Especially if you want to light it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Maybe find a bargain on evilbay.

I've got the same problem with the Revell AT-AT. Just can't find them here in the UK.

Latest posts

Back