IRON CLAD a.k.a. Iron Man !

ModelMakerMike

"It's Slobberin' time""
Well, I've finally done it!
Taken the plunge, and am officially entered in the Big Spring Contest! WOOT!!!!
I will be building and subsequently modifying a Moebius Models Iron Man kit. I will also be using some stuff from a Chemical Plant from Pegasus Hobbies, and some other Greeblie bits I have lying around the house/garage/storage unit.
I am toying with the idea of lighting it as well.

IronCladBefore.jpg

Thanx John,
I am just going to try and do a good build and NOT think about all the stiff competition here this year.
Ya know, I noticed that previous builds aren't allowed this time. :(
That's a shame because I wanted to enter a Frankenstein's monster model I built like 10+ years ago. :)

Yeah, you can't think about the competition, you just have to do the best job you can.

Previous builds were removed because some people were just showing up for that and winning prizes. So it was done away with and a Jr. category put in it's place.

Mike, I am sure you will rock this one.

Yeah watching this with interest! I think that's a good idea for changing the 'all open' to junior (allthough I was going to enter my Outrider :'() we need the young ones to keep this hobby going!

An Iron Man + some plant stuff from Pegasus.
The starting picture on its own is extra promising just by itself! :)
I'll be waiting for the updates on this one with anticipation ;)

I opened that Chemical plant from Pegasus tonight! WOW.
What a bonanza of bits and pieces!!!!
I will be using that stuff for many more builds to come. :)
Way to go, Pegasus!!!!

M3...count me in!!! Great choice!!! Looking forward to seeing you progress!!

ModelMakerMike said:
I opened that Chemical plant from Pegasus tonight! WOW.
What a bonanza of bits and pieces!!!!
I will be using that stuff for many more builds to come. :)
Way to go, Pegasus!!!!

Kool, take some photos and share!

This one could get very interesting in a very big hurry.
Looking forward to seeing your plan

Thanx guys....
I am off to d.j. tonight, but will (hopefully) post some pix tomorrow. I haven't started any construction yet, but will show the chemical plant

Okay, fellow Herders.
Here are some pix I just took.
I rinsed and dried all the sprues.

AllThePieces.jpg

ChemicalPlantBox.jpg

Chemicalpieces4.jpg

Chemicalpieces3.jpg

Chemicalpieces2.jpg

Chemicalpieces5.jpg

ChemicalDetail1.jpg

ChemicalDetail2.jpg

Chemicalpieces6.jpg

IronMan1.jpg

IronMan2.jpg

Lightset.jpg

Not sure if I'll use the light set or not yet. Also, I don't know how a lot of you guys do it? You do a lot of work on your projects/kits, and then make videos of you working on them, and take lots of photos, and then post replies on a lot of builds here. Maybe If I just do it more frequently, I will get faster too. :) My day job is taking way too much of my time! :)

Wow, that chemical plant has quite a bit of parts to it. A kit bashers dream......

I have the camera and the video camera just sitting next to me. It makes it a lot easier to take photos when I don't have to go out of my way to take the photos or make a video.

Oh, wow, I'm getting one such plant right away!
Maybe even not one :)
Thanks for the pics, mate!

That Pegasus set is a scratch builders dream. ;D, i got to get me one of those.

Very interested to see where you go with this

'Bookmarked for sure'

Gag

Hello fellow herders.....
after a very long period of procrastination.... Fabrication of M(3)'s "IRON CLAD" has begun!!!!
I have spent quite a bit of time acquiring tools, and supplies. I picked up some resistors this evening, and got to it!!! I owe a thank you to Grendel (John). :) He's been tutoring me via long distance through Facebook.
Got some pix to share.

Okay, I found a couple of f small pipe connector pieces from the "Chemical Plant" set, and I thought they would be perfect for "IRON CLAD's" illuminated Ocular scopes.
SO, I had to drill out a couple of holes in the face plate.
Face-Off.jpg
For those of you who have built this kit know that there is a solid backing behind the face plate. I had to remove that as well. My Dremel was getting a work out. :)
Face-Off2.jpg
Here is the face rsting back on the rest of the head.
Face-On.jpg
Here is a pic of an Ocular scope, with a 3mm yellow LED wired to a resistor. I put it inside, held the two pieces of the pipe together, and used Ambroid Pro-weld to fuse the two halves together.
Ocular1.jpg

Ocular2.jpg
For these pix, I just sat the Ocular scopes into the face just to get a very very very rough idea, of how it might look. Don't worry, I am going to make sure that they are straight and even with each other, or as close as I can get. I have been using my new files also. :)
.jpg

OcularFace2.jpg
Here is a Battery powered Tea light that I bought at Joanne's fabrics. I got a pack of 8 for $10.00 I like 'em because they have a flickering effect, which will work great for a steam-punk type machine. :) They are 5mm, and I have already dismantled 2 of them and they work great. I may also incorporate the on/off switch into this build.
Tealight.jpg

BehindtheMask.jpg
AND finally, a glimpse into the chaos that is my current work table! How can I work on this? You may ask, Barely! Is my answer! :) I want to clear it off, AGAIN, but feel the need to get cruisin' on this build, I have been dragging my feet for too long already! And they are some definitely awesome competition out there this year!
Utterchaos.jpg

Cool! :)
Reminds me of a cartoon Steel Giant - there was a gigantic robot there with a pretty similar looking face

Latest posts

Back