IRON CLAD a.k.a. Iron Man !

The lighting is absolutely fantastic Mike! Outsanding job man, I really love the metallic effect you got! 8)

merseajohn said:
Very cool Mike ;)
Thank you,
MJ.
He and I have been through a lot together, and even though my work on him is finshed, and I can move on....it's a little bitter sweet. If that doesn't sound corny. :)

Glorfindel said:
Metal for everybody! Excellent Mike.
Thank you Glor!!
Are you familiar with the song "Metal" By Gary Numan?
Maybe if I can get a better video of IRON CLAD, I could use the song for the music!
;D ;D

fumblethumbs said:
Excellent build Mike! You sure did capture the steam punk look. All the heavy armour, rivets and welds, holding back all that pressure. The lighting turned out great! Lots and lots of creativity and superb execution. Congrats on an awesome build Mike!! ;)
Oh man, Fumble...or is it FT? ;) Thank you so much!!!
A couple friends of mine were SteamPunk before there was SteamPunk. lol I really enjoyed building it! And like I have said before, this was the most work and effort I have EVER put into a single build. BTW, have you seen my Steam-Punkin?

CopperJack14.jpg

CopperJack21.jpg

Igard said:
The lighting is absolutely fantastic Mike! Outsanding job man, I really love the metallic effect you got! 8)
Igard, thank you!
I love your work as well, and am looking forward to our Future project. ;)
;D ;D ;D
P.S. I am very happy with how the lighting worked as well. This was the first time I really used bulk LEDS. In the past, I have used existing light sets, and worked them into a build.
I think I will do more with lighting stuff up....It HAS BEGUN! lol

Awesome final pics Mike!!! The lights look wonderful!!! You totally rocked this one out Brotha!!!

CTspeedshop said:
Awesome final pics Mike!!! The lights look wonderful!!! You totally rocked this one out Brotha!!!
Thanx CT!!!
Did you watch the vid? You actually get to see the lights flicker, and flash. Too bad the quality is so poor. :(

ModelMakerMike said:
Igard, thank you!
I love your work as well, and am looking forward to our Future project. ;)

Ah yes, our secret project. I'm about to look for a model for that now. ;)

ModelMakerMike said:
CTspeedshop said:
Thanx CT!!!
Did you watch the vid? You actually get to see the lights flicker, and flash. Too bad the quality is so poor. :(

Yes I did Mike. That is just too cool!!!

Nifty,i like,cool bit of lighting too.
The steam punk pumpkin rocks!.

ModelMakerMike said:
Thank you Q! What do you have "cooking" currently?
Right now, still working on Changewind One in the Sci-fi section. Just working very slowly.

Mike,
This thing is very, very wicked 8),
love the lights, ;D
love the colours, ;D
love the scratch elements you used, ;D
love the creativity, ;D

But the best part is, it could be an out of box kit, something you could buy, cuz it looks so 'together' so 'complete, like every element should be exactly where it is.
No easy feat with a scratch project, outstanding.
Simply Fantastic Sir.

Congratulations. ;D

The Nylonator

The Nylon Gag said:
But the best part is, it could be an out of box kit, something you could buy, cuz it looks so 'together' so 'complete, like every element should be exactly where it is.

I agree comletely, if I hadn't known you'd scratch built the extra parts, I'd think this was a kit I could buy somewhere. Definately not an easy thing to accomplish.

The Nylon Gag said:
Mike,
This thing is very, very wicked 8),
love the lights, ;D
love the colours, ;D
love the scratch elements you used, ;D
love the creativity, ;D

Simply Fantastic Sir.

Congratulations. ;D

The Nylonator

Nylonator!!!
Thank you for that huge compliment.... Seriously, that means a lot! I showed my stepson your current build, and told him how impressed I am with ALL the work you're putting into the details.
I think the contest pushed me to work beyond my previously set limits. and even though initially it was for the contest, and even though I won't win. I am just happy to have finished it, and I still like it. The community on this site is AWESOME! There is so much real talent and skill here it's incredible, and everyone is so nice.!

Igard said:
The Nylon Gag said:

I agree comletely, if I hadn't known you'd scratch built the extra parts, I'd think this was a kit I could buy somewhere. Definately not an easy thing to accomplish.

Thank you Igard. I am just sorry that we here, all live so far from each other. I think it would be kewl to get together and share concepts/ideas/interests. :)

Latest posts

Back